Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's a Wrap!

As soon as Jeff gets here, we are outta here! :)))) Kate's chest x-ray looked terrific and that was our last hurdle.

One of her PICU nurses came by today to say hello and was shocked to hear that Kate was going home today. I told her it was the prayer and she said Kate's story gave her goosebumps. I do not take that lightly because there are soooo many babies and children who spend time in PICU here. The part of PICU we were in was actually PCTU (Pediatric Cardiac Thorasic Unit), which means it was only for kids who had received heart surgery. When they see a child in Kate's shape, make such a dramatic turn-around and leave the the hospital WEEKS before they predicted, they are shocked. In two weeks, Kate went from this:


To this:


Only God could pull that off! Even the timing of her going home today is so God! Jeff has been in Boston all week and is coming home tonight. Coincidence that today is the day Kate is ready to come home? NOT!

Thank you all so very much for praying for her, for our family at home and for me at the hospital. Thank you for walking this journey with us.

And now we head home, which I suspect will be a challenge the next few days as everyone adjusts. Jeff's mom and sister will be flying home to their families tomorrow and I'm sure they will be glad to sleep in their own beds (and give their ears a rest from the noise at our house). We are soooo thankful that they were willing to come and hold down the fort!

I'll post again after we get Kate home. I can't wait to see Jake and Zoey, whom I haven't seen since Easter. :)

20 comments:

Pete, Alison and Charlie said...

Way to go Kate! I've been following Kate's surgery and recovery, and we are so thrilled for you all, and so delighted at how well Kate has recovered. Enjoy being back in your own beds! We'll be thinking of you as you get back to your normal routine! With love from all of us in Cardiff, UK. XXX (Our son Charlie, who is awaiting his Fontan, sends Kate a big high-five!)

Shonni said...

YEA...and thank you LORD God for your love and care of this family!!!

David and Sarah said...

This is wonderful!! She looks so good. God's miracles and blessings are amazing, aren't they?!

Sarah

Jackie said...

Kate looks great and probably feels great relatively speaking, lol, and I'm sure you are just thrilled beyond words. I am so happy for your family.

WE HAVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!

Kim K. said...

Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you both. God's miracles are truly amazing.

Lori said...

ONLY GOD!!!! I'm soooo thankful!!

Thank you Sweet Jesus for your healing hand, your grace and mercy.

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comment on my blog. I totally agree that God's timing is always perfect and I trust that even if things don't happen when I want them to, there's a good reason and a bigger plan that I will later see.

You are a wonderful woman of great character and I'm happy to have "met" you! :)

Jen said...

WHAT AN AWESOME GOD WE SERVE!! Thank you Lord Jesus for the mighty things you have done and will continue to do in Kate!! I am so happy to hear that you are "Out of there" soon. I will continue to follow your journey. Karin, you are and have been and will continue to be a great inspiration to me. I have learned from you how I need to completely put ALL my trust in God once we get Meisyn home and she has to undergo her heart surgery!!! I may be calling on you for advice, words of encouragement and lots of prayers!!! But for now I am PRAISING GOD for the miracle....named KATE!!!!

Tori said...

What an amazing journey these past couple of weeks! Praising God for all He has done and will continue to do for Kate.
Enjoy being home with all of those hugs and kisses and no snorer dudes!! :)

Gretchen said...

My sweet friend! I am so honored to have walked this road with you. (I will need to thank Susan, again, for introducing us)And I am so blessed to have you walking my road with me. Thank you for who you are. You are absolutely the BEST!

By the way, I LOVE Kate's curled toe in the second picture.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh Karin and Kate and the entire fam: I am so excited for you all!!!!! PRAISE OUR GREAT FATHER!!! YIPPEE JESUS!!!

OK, she is too adorable!!! If you are ever down this way, you BETTER look us up!!!

sara said...

that is one tough little girl and yea God!!!

Nicole said...

Fabulous miracle! GOD IS SO GOOD!
:-)
-Nicole
www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

Can you believe you're done with this major part of the journey? !!!! Our God is the Great Physician and has done a wonderful miracle of healing on Kate!
I'm so happy that you are going home today and that you will be reunited with the rest of the fam!

Looking forward to hearing more about the homecoming!!!
Looking forward to see Kate up and about at home too!
We will continue to PFK :)
Much happiness and love,
Meredith and the rest of Peetaps! :)

Tammy said...

I'm thrilled about Kate's recovery! Praise God!

I will continue to pray as you make the adjustment from hospital to home.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I know it will be a blessing to many families.

Brandee said...

So happy for you all! Kate is such a precious baby girl. I am so glad she is doing well.

Kimberly said...

Man - is that the cutest photo ever? I'm just so so happy for you guys!

Tony and Rett said...

WHOOO HOOO!

Praise God!

Mom Of Many said...

I am soooooooooo very thrilled for you all. I continue to pray - How faithful Jehovah Rapha is...Yippee Jesus!! xo

Karin said...

Leslie...we WILL be in your neck of the woods at some point because our oldest is going to start school there soon! :) (Auto Diesel college there)