Thursday, April 30, 2009

So far, so good! :)

Kate has had her echo and her EKG and everything looks good so far. I think we are waiting for an x-ray and then some training (for me) for what to do after we are home.

She was totally compliant for her echo and EKG--bless her little heart. Everyone was all concerned about her flipping out, but I told them it was just the morphine yesterday that caused the meltdown.

When we took her downstairs for the tests, she was very nervous and her little eyes kept darting back and forth--but she did what she needed to do. Her relief was palpable when we returned to 'her' room. She is standing by the bed drawing now. I think she is so happy to be out of bed with no tubes to navigate!

Thank you all soooo much for praying so diligently for her. It is a miracle that we are going home so soon! She has astonished the doctors and nurses and I keep telling them that it was because so many people were praying for her.

For those who are new to the blog and wondering...yes, I will keep writing. I write the blog to document my kids' childhoods and to try to stay sane. :) Having the blog makes me feel like I still have SOME adult conversation. hehe