Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mommy update - Sun

Since you're asking... :)))

Snorer dude must have checked out because I had one night of peace and quiet last week. A new snorer then took his place. I know this because it was a gentler snore and there was a change in cadence. :)

That snorer either checked out, or I have slept through the snoring the past two nights. :) I was told there was a thunderstorm last night--I didn't hear it.

About the question on the pain for thrush...I can ask if there is a throat spray?? She is on pretty strong pain meds already, so I don't think ibuprofen would help. They are having the speech therapist come tomorrow and evaluate her. I guess the speech team can tell if there is something going on in her throat that is causing her to gag and/or not want to swallow.

Great suggestion on the Coke. I will try that tomorrow because she loves Coke. She must have had it in China because she KNOWS what a Coke can is. She is not big on anything cold (popsicle). She refused ice cream today. She really never had anything cold in China and hasn't gotten used to it yet.

Your prayers for me not to be tired have been very effective. THANK YOU!! Coffee helps, too. :) Although, I have to say it is almost impossible to get a decent cup of coffee up here. I always time it wrong and get the pot that has been sitting and sitting and sitting. Gross.

Kate, on the other hand, has not been sleeping all that much. The little stinker was awake past midnight last night. It's currently 11:20PM and she is staring at me bright-eyed. I turned HGTV on, thinking she would get bored and fall asleep, but nooooo.... She also took her diaper off around 10:30 but I didn't realize it because she was under her blanket. When I went to change her diaper, I saw it and then realized that the bed was wet. She grinned at me and thought she was so very clever. It was so sweet to see her smile that I just grinned back. She has been holding my hand all night. Wah....