Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another Week in the Shoe

Yesterday SaraGrace came rushing downstairs to tell me, 'Zoey is stuck! She is stuck in the block table!" I went upstairs and discovered that Zoey had apparently climbed on top of the table, slid down into the hole in the middle, and couldn't get out. Not sure why she was wearing her winter coat! She was perfectly happy and not in the least concerned about being stuck.


Today, I heard a loud crunching sound and turned to see Jake doing this...

He was pretending to be a dog. I smelled his breath and sure enough, he had eaten some dog food. GROSS!! What in the world possesses kids to do that?!

Thursday morning I am taking Miss SaraGrace to U of M for her annual heart check-up. We had originally been told that her heart valve would need to be replaced around age 5 or 6. She is five, so another open heart surgery could be looming in the near future. She is excited about spending the morning with Mommy and getting 'jelly on my tummy.' She will be getting an echo, which is an ultrasound of her heart. Our cardiologist is trying to get us in to see Kate's surgeon while we are there, but I haven't heard yet if it will work out. Part of me wants to know every detail about what will be done to Kate (because I am facinated by medical stuff) and the other part of me doesn't want to know anything until it's over.


I am so very thankful for the skill of doctors and nurses that have saved the lives of my sweet SaraGrace and Kate.