Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Katie-Bug's Last Night in the Hospital


Feeding her babies

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions for different thrush treatments and ways to improve the calorie count of tomato soup! I promise to try them out when we get home.

The nurse spent some time with me tonight showing me how to change her dressings and educating me on all her medicines. She will still be on the six meds she is currently taking. Good thing I have always wanted to be a nurse! She also explained how careful we need to be with her for awhile. I think it all sounds manageable.


"Goodnight, Mama."

So....it's our last night at the hospital. This might sound weird but there is a little part of me that is sad that this special time with Kate is over. Yes, it was stressful, painful, tiring, but there were some very precious moments as well. The most vivid in my mind was the day she was finally 'with it' enough to know she was sick and that I was taking care of her. The love in her eyes and the way she reached for me was a gift that I will never forget. I will also treasure the nights she fell asleep holding my hand, like she is doing right this minute. Yes, it means typing with one hand, but I love the feel of her little hand in mine.

My heart is full of gratitude that God has allowed me to be her Mama.

"Goodnight, my precious girl."

PFK