Tuesday, April 21, 2009

8:40 AM Update - Tue.

Kate is busting out of PICU today. She is getting a test tube removed around 10AM and then will be moved to the regular floor. She is skipping the step-down unit because there weren't any beds available.

She is quite irked at me today. She didn't even look at me when I came in the room. I am a bit worried that she is mad because she thinks that I 'did' this to her. Please pray that her little heart will understand how much I love her and would never hurt her.

I was mistaken when I wrote yesterday that she had been taking a bag of fluid an hour a few days ago. It was 100cc's an hour and she was dumping 90-100cc's. She is now dumping about 50 cc's every EIGHT hours!

They want to get her up and moving around a bit today--which I'm sure she will hate because she cries when we move her just to change her diaper. At least she will be down to two chest tubes in a few hours.

I am very dizzy today, so I think I have a sinus infection. Grrrr... I am surrounded by antibiotics but can't get any for myself. Kinda like being adrift in the ocean with no water. :)

That's all our news this morning. She will get sedated to get the chest tube out, so will probably be pretty sleepy for a few hours after that. Oh...please keep praying for some poo. Poor baby.