Thursday, April 16, 2009

1:45PM - Update Thur


"My hair had a party last night!"

Big news of the day is that Kate just had her urine catheter removed! woohoo! They can just measure the weight of her diaper to know how much she is urinating.

The plan to get her meds in by infusing them more quickly is working!! So far, so good! She continues to dump too much fluid, but her blood pressure is slightly better. The regular PICU doctor thinks she is a little better than yesterday.

That's about all there is to report--not a whole lot of change. I want to scoop her up and hold her soooo bad.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, that's great news. I'm sure your arms are just aching to wrap around that sweet girl.

Thanks for the update....I'll keep prayin'!!

Kim K. said...

This does sound like good progress. I can remember how nice it was to finally hold Josie in PICU. I hope she continues to improve so that you can hold your little sweetie soon!! Extra hugs and prayers!!

Joyful Mom said...

That is progress---PTL!

What a sweet little sleeping angel you have there---I would also want to just scoop her up for a cuddle :)

Hang in there, friend. God is amazing in her life!

Patientlywaiting said...

I just read about Kate on Linn's blog. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for all of you. I'm so glad that she is showing improvement.

Hugs from TX,
Robin

shell said...

That is fantastic news.....I'm still prayin'!!