Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Day of the Four Unhappinesses


Giving and getting some love from her panda bear

This post would be written by Kate if she was well enough to do so.

"Today, I had four yucky things happen, but I am trying to be brave. The first thing was that around 4AM, the surgeon had to put four more stitches in my chest because it was leaking fluid, and my Mommy wasn't even here. (She didn't even know about it until the afternoon.) A little while after my Mommy got here this morning, my incision was still leaking. The doctor had to do some yucky thing where she opened up my incision and stuck a little sponge and a vaccuum in it.

Then, I had blood coming out of my wrist, so they stuck more needles in me to stitch my IV down to my hand.

Then, it was time to replace the yucky tube in my nose and they pushed a new one down into my stomach when I was awake. For awhile I had both tubes in my nose.


I guess I had some liver issues today because my eyes turned yellow. I'm not kidding. I was like Scott Farkus in the Christmas story...yellow eyes! Ewww... (Would that make my mom my little toady?)

Mommy and my night nurse gave me a bath, which I hated, but now I must admit that my hair is clean and I feel better. Mommy hugged me for awhile and I slept on her until her back started creaking. She says she is getting kinda old but I love her anyway.

Thank you very, very much for praying for me! My Mommy said that there are people all over the US, and some from Canada, Australia, the UK, China and Japan who are praying for me. She wrote down all the places for me. I am blessed because some other kids in the world don't have a Mommy and a Daddy to sit with them when they have surgery. Even though I don't feel very good, my Mommy says that I will heal and that the surgery is a good thing. She said that some kids never get a chance to have this kind of surgery. I know there are people praying for the orphans though, 'cause I know we pray for them at our house. I bet you do, too."
Love,
Kate

"PS: Please keep praying for baby Mason. He is still very sick and needs a lot of prayers."