Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5:40PM Update - Wed.


The doctors just came by on their rounds (it's a teaching hospital, so we usually get 4 or 5 of them in the evening). I listened to the doctor describing her case. He said she had a rough night last night. I didn't know that--the nurse probably wanted to spare me.

She has had some 'desats' today (meaning her oxygen level dips way too low), so there is some concern about that. She is still not getting good blood pressure so it seems to be an ongoing issue for her. She also dumps fluid "like a fire hose," according to the doctor. When they were able to get the tube to drain all the fluid that had pocketed in her chest, it was 255cc's! No wonder she was struggling! They just took another chest x-ray and that chest fluid is gone. Thank you, Jesus!

They are soooo great here. They watch her so carefully and nip problems in the bud. I know it probably sounds like she is in horrible shape from all these updates, but she is doing reasonably well. This is my way of keeping a hospital journal for her, so that is why I am giving the medical information. I'm kind of a geek that way. :)

For those of you who have asked how we are holding up, we are doing well. Jeff is probably more stressed than me because he is running back and forth from the house to the hospital. Jeff's mom and sister arrived this afternoon, so once they are settled, it should help Jeff a lot. We are soooo thankful for them!! The kids seem to be holding up well, although SaraGrace (aka Mommy's shadow) was missing Mommy so she came to the hospital with Jeff today. She got a bit frightened when Kate started crying, so didn't stay long in PICU--despite her insistance on knowing what EVERY tube was for! She just couldn't stand to see her little sister in pain. We took her down to the cafeteria for lunch, so she got her "Mama fix." I have been able to get a decent's nights sleep in spite of the snorer dude in the next room whose snoring can be heard above the loudness of my sound machine! Good grief! I'm glad I'm not his wife!! We are so thankful for your prayers! God is sustaining us.