Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perspective

Kate is sleeping, so I wanted to check in again because I am tired of watching "What Not to Wear." :) I'll have to keep it short because my power cord is on the fritz and the only way I can get juice to my battery is to squeeze the wires together until it burns a hole in my finger. Jeff ordered me a new one this morning. I don't care if my finger is smoking, because I need this connection to the outside world. :)

Anyhoo... Just some thoughts from me as I have walked the halls of this amazing hospital. I am just reminded again and again that I am so blessed. There are so many sad situations here. They lost a five month old baby a few days ago in PICU. There are children with cancer and Mama's living in fear. We, on the other hand, will be going home as soon as Kate's tubes quit draining and she has a great life to look forward to. We know her heart will eventually wear out--but we have hope that by the time that happens, medical technology will have figured out something to help her.

We are blessed with family and friends who are praying and offering support for our physical needs. What a gift all of you are!! We do not take you for granted. We are deeply grateful for all of your prayers and encouragement.

God is holding us tightly in His arms and it is completely true when He says, 'My yoke is easy and my burden is light." He wired us for this purpose and we are privileged to walk this road with Him. Thank you for being willing to walk beside us. We know you could choose differently.