Monday, April 13, 2009

Update @ 4:40PM


Please keep praying! Kate is doing pretty well but they are struggling to keep her blood pressure up. They have to sedate her pretty heavily because of her tendency to wake up and not stay sedated. When they sedate her so much, it causes her blood pressure to go too low.


She woke up slightly and started thrashing around and shaking her head no. That is what she always does when she doesn't like a medical procedure. It was a 'smile' moment for Jeff and I as we saw a glimpse of our little fighter. If I was as heavily sedated as she is, I would be out cold for a week! ha.

7 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Such sad pictures...ugh...breaks my mama heart. I am glad you told us about her bp cause then we can pray specifically for that.

Much love and prayers from Colorado!

sara said...

Hey Karin, I am praying for you guys and your sweet girl!

Angie said...

I have my Bible study group at my home tonight...we will be fervently praying for little Kate, and your family. Thank you for all of the updates so we can pray specifically.

Lori said...

Oh...those pictures! Sweet little pumpkin.

I'll continue to pray.

Cristy said...

Still praying for your sweet girl. I know what you are feeling a bit, and if you can try to get some sleep, when she comes out of sedation you will have MUCH less rest. I know it is hard to see your baby go through all she has, and we are praying for a quick healing with no complications!

Denise said...

Ohhh the sweet little fighter! I'm still praying for God to heal your precious treasure! From reading her story I know God has something very special for her!

Denise

Cari Bacon said...

Pictures of anyone being hooked up to hospital machines are difficult to view of anybody especially of a little girl that we all have grown to know and love. I have to admit that I was fighting tears as I saw the pictures of Kate in the red wagon. You know we have been praying and continue to pray for her healing with no complications and strength for you and Jeff. You both are truly being the hands and feet of Christ. I know you would do this for any of your children as we would for ours, but it is still no easy task. May you feel God's presence especially during this recovery time.