Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter/ At the Hospital

Thank you, Jesus, for suffering in our place on the cross...for taking my place...and adopting me into Your family. Thank you, God, for sending Your only Son to be treated so horribly. I am soooo glad that He is RISEN!!

We are safely ensconced in our hotel at Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor. It is so wonderful that they have a hotel INSIDE the hospital for families with children in ICU.

So far, Kate has stayed healthy. I am giving her lots of herbal remedies (none that have any blood thinning qualities). I know that the God who raised His Son from the grave, can also keep Kate healthy for tomorrow.

We went to my parents' church this morning and were so moved when they prayed over Kate after the service. It was very touching that so many people told us they were praying. We are so blessed!!

A sweet family from my parents' church gave us a huge care package for Mommy and Kate. Their son had heart surgery here, so they have been telling us what to expect. We are overwhelmed at their thoughtful gifts (that Kate has been having a blast with, tonight!). Thank you, Holly!!

Jeff got Kate and I checked into the hotel and then went home to be with the kids tonight. He will come back to the hospital bright and early. I have to check Kate in at 6:15AM, and Jeff will come shortly after. They are supposed to come and get her about 7:30 to start her surgery. I dread the moment when she is wheeled away. My heart starts thumping with dread at the thought of it. I want you all to know, though, that God is sustaining us!! I have been stressed this week, but not in a total panic. My poor family has had to put up with my edginess and grumpiness, but they have been very forgiving when I've had to apologize. They are so wonderful!

I wasn't able to get all the kids together for an Easter picture because some of them went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the day while some of us came home to pack and get ready to go. I did get a few pictures of Kate and Zoey today, though.


This was a spontaneous moment--Kate just reached up and hugged and kissed Zoey.

We also celebrated Zoey's birthday last night. Her birthday is actually next week, but since Kate will be in the hospital, we celebrated early. She was quite happy to see her presents and cake and didn't know that she wasn't getting the normal birthday bash.


Lastly, I want to thank so many of you who have left comments on the blog, or emailed us to let us know you are praying for us. I can't tell you how comforting and touching it is to read what you have written. I plan to print all the messages out for Kate and put them in her baby book. We are so thankful to have you walking this journey with us and standing with us in prayer.

Kate is sitting on my lap as I type, jabbering and occasionally praying for Mama, Dada, and Zoey. It is precious. She is precious...and I am so grateful to be her Mom.

I'm not going to answer any email tonight as I just want to spend time with Kate--but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I will post every time the nurse comes out to tell us what is happening during surgery. Again...thank you for praying.