Saturday, April 25, 2009

When you guys pray.....

....God moves!


Kate's nurse took the oxygen out of her nose just to see how Kate would do. So far today, she has stayed in the 90's!!!! She cannot go below 85 and yesterday she could not seem to get above that without the help of oxygen.

After crying and not wanting to walk yesterday, she motioned that she wanted to slide down on the floor and stand up today! I got her down and let her stand by the bed. She took a few steps for me and then she stood for almost half an hour! She was exhausted after that and has been sleeping ever since.



The oxygen and the walking are huge improvements! Thank you for praying for her!

Her chest tube output today has been only 20cc's (but they will be counting until midnight, so she has a ways to go).

I found out today that after her tubes come out, she will still have to stay a few more days so they can monitor her. So, coming Sunday is not happening. If she can get the tube out tomorrow, then she *might* get to go home on Wed. I'm not complaining because it's a lot better news than seven-ten weeks! :) I think it's safe to say that after all the chest tubes are out, we will probably be able to come home 2-3 days later.


"I still have some tube and wires, but a lot less than last week. I still have my wound vac, my chest tube, central IV line, and oxygen."