Saturday, April 25, 2009

9:00AM Update - Sat.

From Katie-bug:

Thank you for praying for me. I am trying to be brave and take all my medicine (four syringes every four hours). I always open my mouth and drink it down without crying and then my Mommy gives me some vanilla shake to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Speaking of my mouth, I have thrush--which is a yeast infection from the antibiotics I have to take. My nurse said that her husband got thrush and that it hurt worse than both of his transplant surgeries. I wish I could eat, but it just hurts too much. I am drinking my shakes, but they are kinda sugary which makes the thrush get worse. Every four hours the nurse comes and puts a really yucky medicine all around in my mouth and then I can't drink anything for 30 minutes. I used to cry when they did it, but now I'm getting used to it. Can you please pray that the thrush will go away so I can eat?

My chest tube can't come out today because I had 59cc's of fluid output yesterday. Aw....man.....

My lips are really dry and keep splitting open. My Mommy is trying to keep chapstick on them but it doesn't work that well. We are not allowed to use vaseline because I am still on oxygen and there is an issue with using a petroleum based product next to oxygen (on my face).

I still have the yucky oxygen thingy in my nose but my Mommy is going to take me outside today when Daddy comes. The nurse says I need to walk, but when I try to get up, I feel like Bambi. My legs shake and shake. I will try to be brave today and do what they say, though.

I am so glad you are praying for me and writing to my mom because I think she feels happy when she gets emails.

Gotta go...I think they are going to make me walk now.