Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Your prayers are making a difference



This afternoon, my sweet Kate, went from pulling her hand away from me at every opportunity, to looking me right in the eyes and letting me love on her. Thank you for praying!! There is no one here to take a picture, so please excuse the poor photography but I don't have very long arms! It's also hard to hold the camera above your head and push the button. haha She had been sleeping when I tried to take this photo and I thought I might get away with it, but she woke up and looked at me like I was a loon (which I actually am).

Her dark eyes are clouded with pain and she looks at me as if to say, "Why can't you get me out of here? What happened to me?" She will probably be spending another night in PICU because they don't have any beds available on the regular floor. Right now we have a totally private room with a window and we are in no hurry to get to the regular floor to share a dark, cramped room with another patient. So...we are actually quite happy to stay here! :) They are going to get her up in a chair in a few minutes, so I will try to get some pictures of that. I'm hoping she tolerates is okay.

9 comments:

Lori said...

OH MY!! That is a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!! And I can't believe you took it yourself!

Tammy said...

What a precious photo! I know Kate must be so confused about what is happening to her. I pray she will have peace and a decrease in pain.

Lyn said...

Karin, it is so good to see Kate making eye contact with you. Jake did the same thing to me this week. Now it is like he had nothing done. He is doing great and we are flying home tomorrow. Hang in there. I will continue to pray for every step.
Love, Lyn Thomas

Kim K. said...

What a beautiful picture. This could be your new blog header!! It just totally captures the moment. Continued prayers coming your way.

Cari Bacon said...

Praying that you will be able to get a private room on the regular floor! So happy to read that Kate is improving. :)

Jackie said...

What a great photo, one that you and Kate will cherish in the years to come. Just wanted to let you know that prayers are still being lifted up for Kate and for your family's behalf in Sugar Grove, Pennsylvania.

Shanna said...

Karin, You and your family are an inspiration to those of us who are so spoiled. Kate has been in our family of six kids and two adopted chinese kids prayers daily. We thought our son's cleft palate surgeries were terrible, but sweet Kate has suffered so much. I pray she will not remember and that our God will heal this little angel ASAP! You are an amazing mom. Stay strong. God will get you through this valley so you can enjoy the mountaintop again with Kate. In Christ, Scott

Cindy said...

HI Karin!
LOVE the picture, it's precious!
Makes my heart sing to hear Kate is letting you love on her again, such a brave girl.

Mom Of Many said...

THAT picture should be entered in a contest - for real!! Kate is beautiful and you are a beautiful mommy who exudes the love of Christ!! So, so, so sweet!!