Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Your prayers are making a difference



This afternoon, my sweet Kate, went from pulling her hand away from me at every opportunity, to looking me right in the eyes and letting me love on her. Thank you for praying!! There is no one here to take a picture, so please excuse the poor photography but I don't have very long arms! It's also hard to hold the camera above your head and push the button. haha She had been sleeping when I tried to take this photo and I thought I might get away with it, but she woke up and looked at me like I was a loon (which I actually am).

Her dark eyes are clouded with pain and she looks at me as if to say, "Why can't you get me out of here? What happened to me?" She will probably be spending another night in PICU because they don't have any beds available on the regular floor. Right now we have a totally private room with a window and we are in no hurry to get to the regular floor to share a dark, cramped room with another patient. So...we are actually quite happy to stay here! :) They are going to get her up in a chair in a few minutes, so I will try to get some pictures of that. I'm hoping she tolerates is okay.