Thursday, April 16, 2009

3:20PM Update - Thur.

Kate is still holding steady.

I was just told that they expect her to be in PICU for three more day and then in the regular unit for seven WEEKS. Yes. Weeks.

That was not good news, especially with all of our kids at home and Jeff needing to start his regular schedule of traveling for work. Once Kate is in the regular unit, one of us needs to be with her all the time because the level of care drops dramatically as nurses care for several patients at a time.

I will not freak out. I will not freak out. :) God knew all of this ahead of time and I'm sure He has a plan. He's hasn't shared it with me yet, but I'm sure He will eventually. I'm planning to pray that she is not here for seven weeks - but if she is, I know He has a reason that I cannot see right now.