Thursday, April 16, 2009

3:20PM Update - Thur.

Kate is still holding steady.

I was just told that they expect her to be in PICU for three more day and then in the regular unit for seven WEEKS. Yes. Weeks.

That was not good news, especially with all of our kids at home and Jeff needing to start his regular schedule of traveling for work. Once Kate is in the regular unit, one of us needs to be with her all the time because the level of care drops dramatically as nurses care for several patients at a time.

I will not freak out. I will not freak out. :) God knew all of this ahead of time and I'm sure He has a plan. He's hasn't shared it with me yet, but I'm sure He will eventually. I'm planning to pray that she is not here for seven weeks - but if she is, I know He has a reason that I cannot see right now.


Jasmine said...


Little Kate is an Angel...she is so fortunate to have you as her mom. I hope she gets better and recover totally soon to enjoy such a big and warm family around her. Hold on, little Kate!

Gretchen said...

You know if I could watch your kids I would! I know that you have amazing friends and family who will step forward to help you out in this time of need. God will see to it. Lots of Love!

Amanda said...

We will continue to pray for all of you. Again if there is anything that Jeff and I can do for you we are here. Your right when you say that God has a plan, we just have to sit back and wait to see what it is.

Amanda, Jeff & Kids

Keith and Kelly said...

I'm praying from Washington. Thanks for keeping us posted and going through all this for your little girl. I admire your strength and will especially pray for peace about those 7 weeks. Blessings, Kelly

The Prieskorn Way said...

Praying from AZ and keep checking the blog. Sounds like things are going better and things will work out, no matter how long it takes for a hospital stay. Keep your chin up, God is holding on to you and your family tightly!!

Marjorie said...

Hi Karin,

I started following your blog a few days ago and wanted you to know we are praying for Kate. My 4 yr old daughter (also from China) was diagnosed with a brain tumor on March 4. She had surgery to remove it on March 25. The surgeon told us she would need to be hospitalized for a month after the surgery. She was discharged from the hospital on March 27th! Yes, you read that correctly. She spent 1 night in PICU and 1 night in a regular room. The next evening we were discharged. I wanted to encourage you with that. The doctors can only guess. They often tell us the "worse case scenario". Only God knows the real story. We are praying He has a surprise in store for Kate's doctors like he did for our daughter's doctors. God Bless.