Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Very Special Visit

SaraGrace had a very special visit tonight from some wish granters!



I had always thought that Make -A -Wish was for kids with terminal illnesses, but a friend told me that she thought SaraGrace and Kate would qualify. The criteria is actually having a life-threatening condition, so both of our girls were approved.

SaraGrace is really into princess stuff right now, so her wish was to go to Disney World. We have to wait for the board to approve the wish, but the wish-granters who came tonight said they didn't think it would be a problem. Our entire family (except Ryan, who will be at bo*t camp) will be able to accompany SaraGrace when she gets her magical visit to Disney. Very exciting!!

I am so thankful to people and businesses who donate to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. What an amazing idea and a wonderful Foundation. I wish I had taken pictures of SaraGrace tonight when she was making her wish. She was SO excited! They also brought a gift for the whole family--some movies, candy and popcorn for a family movie night.

Our little Spitfire!

23 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah! I can't wait to hear how it all transpires. We're still waiting to hear about Laura's trip...

trustandobey said...

Yeah! What fun to see Disney together!!! What a blessing this is for your family.
Lisa

Kim K. said...

I can't wait to hear what comes of this. How exciting and so well-deserving for your family!!

Adeye said...

Oh how absolutely fantastic, my friend. Praying her wish comes true very soon!

Blessings along the way, hey?

Tracie said...

That is very special. Years ago I had a cousin with cancer who made a wish and his family had a very wonderful trip to Disney. The Make a Wish foundation is a very precious organization. I'm sure that it will all work out and be a blessing to the entire family.

Mom Of Many said...

Oh my gracious!! NO WAY!! That is the best!! Yippee Jesus!! I am so thrilled for SaraGrace and all of you....do you get to take extended family? Cause we can go, if its okay with them. =)

xo

Holly said...

Wow! I didn't know that about MAW foundation!
How FUN!!
Hooray!!! Have ya'll ever done Disney together before?!
When we took Josiah for his first time back in April, he kept saying, "I wish Ewaina was here wif me"
Sweet little dude!

Jill said...

Oh how fun!
That will be one fun trip!!!!

Cindy said...

Dreams do come true! What a blessing! Enjoy the trip as a family, keep us posted!

Lori said...

That is so super cool! Your kids must be tickled beyond words!

Jackie said...

Wow, what a fantastic surprise!! And what fun you all will have at Disney!

I did have one question, though. How will you keep track of your kids at Disney? lol I guess what I'm trying to say is if you need any help, give me a call! LOL It's getting cold here in NW PA.

Karin said...

No, we have never been to Disney before. Keeping the kids together will be a challenge, but I'm hoping we can take our double stroller and maybe a single to keep the three youngest trapped in between rides. :)

Shonni said...

This is so exciting...

Beautiful Mess said...

That is awesome! Praise God!

Sarah Dawn said...

Sara Grace, truly a princess worthy of visiting the magic Kingdom!

Such a delight to find you today. Such an encouragement to read your posts and be splashed in God's goodness as we continue on the road to our first adoption.

Splashing for His glory,
Sarah Dawn

Cari Bacon said...

SWEET! Good for you SaraGrace and the rest of the family. You'll have to do a J & K + 8 idea with the double strollers, maybe?

Tracie said...

I received an award, and I'd like to pass one onto you for being a new blog I read!

Gretchen said...

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You are coming to ME!!!!!!!

I am only an hour from Disney World and we were just over there this weekend.

I am so excited now!!

Gonna call you!

Meredith said...

Hooray!!!!! Is mom packing her bags already?!!!
See you next month!!!!

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

I am so happy for you! Very exciting for sure!

Jean said...

Wow! Yippee!! I can hardly wait to follow you to Disney!! Praying that it all works out!!

Lynsay said...

woohoo!!! That is so exciting!!!