You guys are awesome!! We have put a nice dent in the needs for Morning Star Foundation's new home! Lynsay has updated the list, which is posted below. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for helping these little ones get comfortable in their new surroundings. It's not too late to participate if you would like. If you need information about how to donate, just scroll down to previous posts.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! for letting God work through you!!
Morning Star Foundation Needs List September 2009
We are renovating a 10 room house. All the furnishings for 3 bedrooms, a dining room, kitchen, bathroom and laundry are needed.
Items BOLD RED AND UNDERLINED we have received!!! THANK YOU!
- Cribs- 8 cribs needed. Working on getting a better price, will probably have them made. Worst case means purchasing from major store-$100 each. 6 gifted!!
- Bedding- Sheets, bumpers and blankets. $20 each crib
- Artwork for walls- $40 per room (3 bedrooms)
- Changing table- $20 x 4
- Dresser- $100 x 3
- Window Coverings- $60 x 3 bedrooms
- Dining table and chairs- $100
- High chairs- 4 at $20 each
- Wall art- $25
- Window coverings- $25
- Stovetop- $100
- Refrigerator- $375
- Misc. Kitchen supplies including Knives, 2 wok ($30,) utensils, plates and bowls.
- Sink- $125
- Sterilizer- $250
- Artwork- $50
- Window Coverings- $40
- Small indoor play toys- currently working on price, probably around $150
- TV- $150
- Bookshelf- $50
- Locking cabinet- $125
- Window covering- $30
- Wire Shelving- $25 x 8
- Rubbermaid style boxes for storage- $5 x 20
- Desk- $50 x 2
- Laptop computer (for purposes of being able to take with us to avoid theft and so that we always
- Have info with us) ? Unknown cost. Around $800? Would like to purchase outside of china.
- Futon- $90
- Window coverings- $30
- 4 beds- $100 each
- Nightstands- $15 x 4
- Lamps- $10 x 4
- Shoe rack- $10
- Bedding- $40 x 4
- Window Covering- $30
- Sink- $50
- Hot Water Washer- $350
- Clothes drying rack- $100
- Shelving- $75
- Shelving with individual locked cubbies for ayi storage- $200
- Towels and washrags- $50 for all
- Sod- Unknown price
- Playground- also working on price
- Diapers- $28 for box of 170 (working on better pricing)
- Formula- $14 per can, need 2-3 cans a day with 12 kids
- Money for staff and baby food- Approx $10-15 a day (with new home staff)
- Medicines- Spend approx. $50 a month on local meds, donated meds always needed.
- Wipes- $2 per pack
- Air Conditioning units- 6 units, 4 small units, $350 each, 2 large units, $750 each
- Heating system- currently unknown, greater than $3000
- Yearly heat and electricity cost- estimate- $3500
- Safe- $400
- Time Stamp- $150