Monday, October 26, 2009

Heading to the Grocery Store

I happened to take my camera with me on Saturday when I drove to the grocery store--just in case I saw some pretty foliage. We have lost a lot of the vibrant reds, but the yellows are at their peak and they are beautiful! All of these photos were taken through the window of my car (yes, I admit I took them while driving). My windshield is um...a bit smeary...so the pictures are foggy but will still give you a good idea of what driving is like around here.








Not a pretty photo but just had to throw in the fact that there is a Dunkin' Donuts every .5 mile in Mass. Seriously. They are passionate about their Dunkin' Donuts coffee. There are a few Starbucks around but Dunkin' is KING.


Another cool barn I pass. I stopped dead in the road to take this photo and then realized that the owner was outside raking leaves. I had to slink away.

Yesterday was gorgeous--sunny and in the 60's, so we took the opportunity to show Jeff our special lake.



Jake now realizes the wisdom of removing his shoes and socks before sticking his feet in the water.


"Wook, Mom, I climb on da wocks."


Nothing better than a little boy, a sunny day, water, rocks, and a long stick.


Zoey was quite perturbed over another rule infraction by one of her little brothers.

13 comments:

sara said...

it is so gorgeous there!! These pictures are awesome!!!

I would do well there...I heart Dunkin Donuts!

Kim K. said...

Just gorgeous. You really need to publish these somewhere. Your photography skills are just outstanding. Happy Fall!

PS. I just posted more orphanage reunion pics on our blog. What an amazing weekend.

Lori said...

Oh wow...OK, start keeping track of these red barns that I could turn into a house. LOVE IT!!

DARLING pics...oh my gracious, those kids are cute!!

And your windshield is ten times cleaner than mine. Oh and I really don't see what all the fuss is about with DD coffee....??? To me, it's not all that great. Do you think it is??

Kathleen said...

New England is sure special:) Great photos and I love that barn...

You might want to try Green Mountain Coffee. I see it at gas stations and coffee shops. It is always at the grocery store and it is really good coffee. Plus it is made in my wonderful state:)

Blessings

trustandobey said...

Yummy Karen!
I just want to be there...
Lisa

Shonni said...

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures!

Beautiful Mess said...

I don't know what i am more jealous of-the foliage or the kids--pretty sure kids have won hands down! So precious!

Lyn said...

Karin, I love your pictures. And the Outlaw shirt. What a cutie. I wanted to give you my number. My e-mail is very sporatic. 404-735-5261

Adeye said...

Goodness, it just doesn't get prettier than that, my friend. God has blessed you so much with a stunning place to live!

The kids are stunning too :)

Love you!

Karin said...

You guys are too kind about the pics. :) I will definitely try Green Mountain coffee...I have seen it in the stores and have been wondering if it was good. :)

I have to confess that I am one of THOSE people who put lots of cream and sugar in coffee to make it taste good. So, I am not really a good judge of DD vs. any other kind. :)

Cari said...

Love the pics...especially Zoey's! Her expression is so cute!

When I was a kid in Ind, DD was the bomb! Of course, we were pretty poor back then, so to get one candy coated donut hole was a real treat! Didn't drink coffee back then, so I don't know about that. I'm like you...lots of flavored creamer..YUM!

Michelle said...

I am laughing about your Dunkin Donuts photo. I have lived in Mass. my whole life and we are so used to having a DD on every corner that when I travel I get panicky when I don't see one :-)

Sharon said...

I love all the pictures as usual, but when I got down to Zoey's she just made my heart melt!