Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday afternoon update

Looks like we will get to come home tonight! Yay! She has to stay for one more dose of IV antibiotic which will get administered in about 6 hours (she just finished one, so they have to be 6 hours apart).

I am sooooo happy that she will not have to get another blood draw today. Tomorrow she has to go for another one, though, to check her blood for anti-coagulation. The staff here is helping me find a lab to go to that is closer to home than the hospital--and also a pediatrician to check her cellulitus. They have been really kind.

Poor little peanut sat in front of her lunch and couldn't eat it. I finally realized that she was just plain tired. I asked her if she wanted to take a nap and she nodded yes. She was out in few minutes and looks so sweet lying there.

So sweet that I wanted to take a picture. I moved my sandwich off my lap to go get my camera, and my entire sandwich (that I hadn't taken a bite out of yet), fell on the floor. Dang! It was a $7 sandwich and I had gone all the way downstairs to get it. I stared at it, contemplated my options and decided to eat it anyway.

Oh well...at least I have food to eat, which is more than some people have today.

11 comments:

Kim K. said...

I hope that sandwich was SUPER YUMMY! What wonderful news that you will finally be going home later tonight. Yippee!!

Holly said...

Big smiles.
I really like you Karin.
Too bad Boston is so far away!
Thankful for internet and blogs and hearts that love the Lord and His precious children...

Angie said...

Yahoo!! Enjoy being home again with your family and please do fill us in on any funny stories from while you were away from your kiddos! :)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh we prayed Kate would get to go home today, so maybe tonight! I know you are ready to be back home; I am so thankful everything seems to be going smoothly at home, Karin. And again, I love your attitude! Yeah, I figure once you have kiddos, eating a sandwich off the floor "ain't nuttin' but a thang!" ;)
Praising God for good reports from Kate's blood work!
Love,
Laine

trustandobey said...

Yea!! By tonight you will be in your own beds! Sounds like nothing was too serious afterall. Praise God!
Lisa
ps-I wouldn't worry too much about the sandwich. You know hospitals are germ free:)
pss- I will try and get the info on the Christian family for you. Completely amazing couople.

Lori said...

Oh I'm so glad that Katie is doing better. I've been praying so much!!

And the sandwich...I can't tell you how relieved I was when you said you ATE IT!! That's exactly what I would have done. :) You're one tough cookie!

Heather said...

So glad to hear Kate is doing better. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts & prayers. Hoping you get a good night's sleep in your own bed. Yahoo!

Sharon said...

So great to hear you're coming home tonight!!! Also, great choice you made to eat the sandwich. Hope it was good!

Adeye said...

Yippeeee---you're home! Thank you, Jesus.

Hey, at least it was a HOSPITAL floor--aren't they meant to be sterile???? Yeah--I know, probably not.

Cindy said...

Oh Karin, you are a brave mommy! I'd have to be really hungry to eat off the floor, but I imagine a hospital floor is cleaner than most? Hope the sandwich was yummy!
Katie home? yippee on that!

Gretchen said...

You are too funny! Although it doesn't really surprise me!! Can't wait for you guys to get home!