Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Pen

Awhile back, I had to take one of the kids to the urologist. While checking out, they loaned me a pen to write a check. As I was handing it back, the receptionist said, "Oh, keep it. We have boxes and boxes of them." Cool...I can always use a nice pen.

As I walked out, I looked it over. It became instantly apparent why they were giving the pens away.

They were an advertising tool for Flomax. Not really a writing instrument one would want to use in public.

I stuffed it into my purse and forgot about it.

Until...
One Sunday, I needed a pen during church. I reached into my purse and pulled out...yep...the FLOMAX pen. Urgh. Just what one wants to flash around in mixed company.

Over the months, I lost track of the pen. It surfaced now and then around the house, but never found its way back into my purse.

Apparently, it has put in an appearance since the move. Some of the girls are starting to practice their handwriting by copying things around the house. Yesterday, I noticed a little note lying by the phone, and busted out laughing.

Nice handwriting but perhaps a cereal box would be a better thing to copy.