Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update on My Dad's Trip

As of last night (Friday) my dad still had no word on his visa. Unless they sent it out last night, he will not have it today. The only other possibility of getting it in time for Wednesday's flight is to have someone bring it to the airport in Washington DC where the Indian Embassy is located.

He can push the trip back a few days if necessary, but he can't come back any later because his cancer surgery is scheduled for mid-June.

There is one other man in the same situation as my dad. The trip is actually a series of conferences that will be given by my dad and two other men. One of them has a 10 year visa. If my dad and the other man cannot get visa's, the conferences will have to be cancelled or rescheduled. They were expecting about 300 Indian pastors to attend.

My dad wanted me to share the Bible verses that he read yesterday.
“I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand I shall not be shaken. “ Psalm 16:8

“ It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord” Lamentations 3:26

“He breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron” Psalm 107:16 (Indian Embassy objections and red tape).

“He satisfies the thirsty soul and fills the hungry with good things” Psalm 107:9
I woke up with a sore throat today. God is allowing me to lean hard on Him.
Only God knows if He wants the conferences to take place now or at a later time. Since we don't know...we are praying that my dad's visa will come in knick of time. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I will continue to pray!