Sunday, May 17, 2009

I won! I won!

"It's a major award!"
Snicker....

If you know me very well, you will know that I love to quote movie lines. My husband and I could practically have an entire conversation just trading our favorite lines. We often crack each other up with a movie line inserted into a stressful situation.

Every time anyone in our family wins anything, we all yell, "It's a major award." You may recognize that line from "A Christmas Story."

About a week ago, I noticed that a local store was having a Mother's Day photo contest. I stopped by to get the rules and when I asked a few questions, the employee said, 'Well, I'm not sure because we haven't gotten any entries."

I looked at her shrewdly and stated the obvious, "So, I have an excellent chance of winning then."

She nodded.

I walked away smirking and returned a day later with my entry.

And I won!

Of course, I was the ONLY entry as far as I know. Baahahahahahahahaha Hey...before you laugh at me, I'll have you know that I now have a $20 gift card for Applebees in my possession, as my 'major award.'

As I left to pick up my prize, Taylor asked me if I was going to come home with a leg lamp. I've trained him well...

And here is my (cough) winning entry--although it was in brown sepia, rather than black and white:

7 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful picture!! It's no wonder you won...even if you were the only entry! Ha!

My 16 year old son was sitting here as I began to read your post...your quote from A Christmas Story caught his eye & it totally cracked us both up! LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Kim K. said...

What a sweet picture of you and the girls. Congratulations on the gift certificate. How fun.

Joyful Mom said...

Oh wow, that is such a STUNNING pics of mommy and her girls!

trustandobey said...

Yummy photo!!!
Congratulations...a win is a win! Eat something totally decadent from Applebees:0)
Lisa

Chris said...

I'm sure you would've won even with a 100 entries. I do like the idea of winning a sure thing like that.
Enjoy Applebees

Cari Bacon said...

You're a busy blogger lately! I've really enjoyed reading all your posts. With all you have going on, you should have your own reality show! hahaha!

Let your dad know that I am praying for him to get his visa and stay healthy. He is very inspirational to me in seeing that he has the faith to continue pursuing this mission trip in spite of the medical issues. Now I see where you get your determination from. :)

Gretchen said...

Here I am!!!!!! (HEE HEE)

What a beautiful picture! You are a TERRIFIC Momma!

Love you!