Tuesday, May 05, 2009

True Story Tuesday

Some bloggers have started doing "True Story Tuesday" and there is a cute button to go with it...but I don't have time to find it. I will occasionally participate in this, though. :) While Kate was in the hospital, this story came up while we were sitting around visiting with family.

New Uses for a Swiffer


It happened about five years ago. Ryan was babysitting Chloe while the rest of us were at church on a week night. On my way home, Ryan called my cell phone to ask when we would be home. I said we would be home in five minutes and then he began to tell his story.

Ryan: Chloe pooped.
Me: snicker.... I'll change her when I get home.
Ryan: It was soooo gross.
Me: Did you change her?
Ryan: Yeah...I got the Swiffer mop and attached a wet wipe to it. I told Chloe to hold her butt up in the air and then I wiped it from across the room with the Swiffer mop thing.
Me: (Cracking up) Did it work?
Ryan: Yeah...but I barfed two times.
Me: You ACTUALLY barfed?
Ryan: Yeah...the first time I barfed a lot, the second time just a little.
Me: Oh Ryan...really?
Ryan: Yeah...MOM! It didn't smell like anything a human could do. It was so bad.
Me: (Dying laughing...totally cracking up) Oh, sorry you had such a bad night!!

He really DID wipe her butt with the Swiffer mom from across the room (well...the handle is probably 4 feet long or so). He actually demonstrated his technique when I got home.

You have to admire his ingenuity!


Ryan and Chloe around the time of the "Swiffer Incident" as it came to be known...