Saturday, May 23, 2009

Graduation

Our oldest, Ryan, is graduating from high school this year. Yesterday was his last day of school and last night there was a banquet at my parents church for graduating seniors.

Ryan hates the limelight, so he doesn't want a graduation party. I was a bit disappointed, but after realizing how much work they are, I got over it.

Ryan got all dressed up in his tuxedo shirt. For this picture, he put on his hat, Old Faithful. He does mind his manners and remove it indoors. I think we should get that hat bronzed.


Being goofy with his friends


Sweet words of encouragement from an older member of the church

Ryan had been planning to attend a trade school, but has recently gone back to the idea of joining the military. We are praying that he will have clear direction from God and trying not to let our fears of him being deployed, get in the way of his decision.

At the dinner last night, we were highly amused to see that our friends, J and K, chose to wear almost identical outfits as we were wearing. And now that I write their initials, I realize that ours are also K and J. Oh...and they have a daughter named, Katelyn Joy, as do we.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations to Ryan! What a good lookin' guy!

Love the pic of the matching outfits...that's too funny!!

Cari Bacon said...

Congratulations to your handsome young man! We'll be praying for God's guidance as he has some big decisions to make for his future.

Cute matching outfit pic! :)

Elaine said...

Our youngest son came to us in his junior year and said he was joining the Marines after he graduated. I was so upset and all he kept asking me for was my blessing, which I couldn't give. It was getting closer to graduation and I had been praying about it. One morning as clear as a bell I heard God audibly say "Elaine give him your blessings, I will take care of him." That night I did and I received the biggest hug and thank you from my son. Two years ago this week I said that prayer and my son is in Iraq and I have a peace that goes beyond all understanding! ;)
Sorry for the long comment but wanted you to know that I know how you feel. I will pray for each of you as he makes his decision.

Joyful Mom said...

The pic with your friends is absolutely classic :)

Congrats on your son graduating. I can't even imagine how that feels. Oh and the military--wow, what an honor to serve His country and what a way to keep mom on her knees. Keep us posted on how the Father guides him. And on any prayer requests you have as he journey's toward a decision. I know it is huge to try and make such a life changing decision at such a young age. God will lead him, he will KNOW what to do.

Meredith said...

Did you and Jill call each other?!!
You both look great!!