Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snot...it grosses a body out

I was finished blogging for the day and catching up on a few emails. My beautiful, petite, lady-like (you're getting the picture, right?) Kate was sitting beside me.

She was picking her nose.

And I mean...Picking.Her.Nose.

Her finger was buried and then she started smearing it all around her upper lip--'cause, you know, it was all runny and slimy.

Gross.

Just as I was about to get up and get her a tissue, she reached over and lovingly...

Wiped.It.On.My.Arm.

Now her upper lip is all nice and dry. My arm is wet.

I love being a mom. heehee

5 comments:

Kim K. said...

Yep. All mother's are human kleenexes. I don't remember that being part of my Mom job description.

Jackie said...

I dunno why people are always mortified when they see a child diggin' for gold, it's like it's the first time they've EVER seen it, lol. THEY ALL DO IT!! Yes, it's gross, lol. Yes, it's totally disgusting, lol, but I've come to realize that until their peers tell them how gross they are, they'll just keep on diggin'. I think God was crackin' up when he was creating mucous, aka, snot! lol

Lori said...

Oh Lucy is all snotty too! And she's passed it onto me...literally and physically (aka, I have her cold now AND her snot has been on my arm & elsewhere). I'm sure there will be a special reward for us in heaven for snotty children. Right??

Joyful Mom said...

Yip, the joys of motherhood, snot and all :)

I don't even think it is possible to train a child not to do it--they all do! Until they realize that it is actually seriously gross.

Tooooo funny.

trustandobey said...

Karen,
I am quite sure that kate would not wipe her nose on just ANYBODY'S arm...look at it as a sign of affection:)
Lisa