Sunday, May 03, 2009

Pretending my kids aren't sick

While Jillian and Chloe languished on the couch today, I decided to pretend they weren't sick and go out for a bit of therapeutic photography.

For my Florida and California friends...some spring colors from the Midwest...




And some of my favorite subjects found themselves in front of my lens...


Taylor was bugged that I was trying to take his picture. He and Ryan tell me that I am 'so annoying' with my camera.


Kate isn't mad at Daddy, she is just a serious kid sometimes


"Hmmmm....I spy with my little eyes..."


"I don't let anything bother me and always have a smile on my face."


"Take my picture, Mommy! Take my picture!" (He still likes posing, so I plan to take advantage of that!)


Kate--looking great only three weeks after open-heart surgery! Yay, God!!


My hunka burnin' luv :0

6 comments:

Lori said...

Wow Karin!! Really great pics! What GORGEOUS children you have! Their sweet happy faces make me smile. :)

Kim K. said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you were able to sneak out for some fresh air. I hope the illness doesn't spread in your house. Hugs!!

Meredith said...

Looove it!

Are you still going to take family pictures? I hope!! :)

Cindy said...

HI Karin!
I'll not only pretend your kiddos aren't sick too but pray they aren't either, and that it doesn't spread. Though I am sure there were more germs in the hospital than at home for little Kate?
She sure looks awesome!

Love the sunny, happy pictures, just beautiful! We've had rain in CA so they brightened up my day. Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen said...

Your pictures are great (as usual). My yard is all pretty and "springy" too, but the temp this weekend was above 94 degrees. Yeah, we were sweating! Per our previous conversation, you would not have been a happy camper at the soccer games. I was soaked by the time we got in the van. Gotta love Florida! We only have two seasons, summer and fall (sort of).

sierrasmom said...

Just beautiful!!!
Kathie in NY