Friday, May 15, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Say, See, or Experience

*The other day at the grocery store I actually had the fleeting thought, "I wonder if someday I will be buying Depends and Pampers at the same time."

*I have hair that has a mind of it's own. If I don't blow dry it immediately after getting out of the shower, it will not turn out right. No one wants a bad hair day. The moment I turn on my blow dryer, Zoey walks into the bathroom. She then begins to dance around and motion that she needs to go potty.
She.
Does.
This.
Every.
Day.
It's like the sound of the blow dryer signals her bladder to drain. I have to stop what I'm doing and pull her pants down--which is no small feat. She is a chubby little thing and her clothes have to be tugged and pulled before they will go down. Coming up is even harder. I set her on the toilet and she pinches out a minuscule few drops, smiles and says, "Done!" Why I fall for this every day, I have no idea.

*I never thought I would let a child out of the house with two different flip-flops on. (I did this unknowingly.)
*I never thought that a year later, in a moment of desperation, I would actually SUGGEST that one of my kids just grap two unmatching pairs of flip-flops.

*I never thought I would take a photo of the word, "Poop" that one of my teens wrote in the dust on our table. When I was a kid, we weren't even ALLOWED to say the word, "Poop." Gasp....

6 comments:

Joyful Mom said...

Oh I am soooo glad your house has dust too. I can never stay on top of it. I need a darn maid :)

We tried so hard to keep the "butt" word out of our house. After two years of trying, we gave in--it was just impossible. The word is everywhere!!! How times have changed.

Jackie said...

Oh, my goodness, Karin, I loved this post. I'm 45 and adopting a 2 1/2 year old and I, too, will maybe be buying depends and diapers 'cause we want to adopt another little girl in another year.

My granddaughter, yes, that's right, granddaughter usually waits until we're at the supper table before she announces that she thinks she'll go poop now and if anyone would like to watch we can, lol. She's 4 and oh so smart, lol

You really made me laugh out loud!

Jackie

Lori said...

That is soooo hilarious!!!

We must be sisters because my hair is crazy like that too!! The timing of my blow-dry is crucial! The one thing I would take if I was on a desert island would be a blow dryer (and tweezers).

Thanks for the laugh!!

Kimberlie said...

You crack me up. BTW, I have been walking around wearing two different flip flops because my lovely daughter has taken the other two and hidden them where none of us can find them. I am just too stubborn to go out and buy a new pair. It takes me a long time to get my flip flops to where they are comfortable. ;)

Meredith said...

Hahah!!!

We were never allowed to say the word poop either growing up! Now we say it all the time in my house! ha!

Mom Of Many said...

You make me laugh. And for true confessions...I actually took a picture of poop that Elijah had done in the tub the other day. I took it on my cell and texted it to a couple people. I wouldn't have thought I would do that, but it just looked pretty funny floating all around.

OH well..xo