Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A day in the life...at the Shoe

Today was interesting on the potty training front. Kate has lost interest in it entirely. Since she is peeing at will into pull-ups, I decided to put her in underwear. She had a yucky accident on the kitchen floor (at least it wasn't on the carpet!), and later, she thought pooping in her pants would be a fun change of pace.

Later, Jakie, who has been very good about NOT having accidents, came in from playing in the sandbox with sand clinging to him everywhere. I eventually realized that he had wet his pants in the sandbox and now had sand stuck to every wet spot on his body. Of course, I didn't notice this until he had run into the house. Glad I don't play in the sandbox. hehe

And here is my burning 'Mom' question of the day. Does anyone else have this problem? Whenever we go to the doctor, my kids will suddenly develop extremely smelly flatulence. What's up with that?! It's mortifying!! They stink up the room and then the doctor walks in and has to pretend not to notice. Of course, I do the checking the diaper thing...and then figure that the doctor is probably thinking I am just doing that to cover my own guilt.

On Monday, we took Zoey and Kate to court to finalize their adoptions and just when we were all gathered around to take a picture with the judge, Kate let 'er rip. It was gaggingly awful!! I tried to keep her to the side AWAY from the judge, but the smell was so strong. I can't imagine that he didn't smell it. GROSS!!

And speaking of embarrassing moments... I had to pick up some antibiotic the other day for one of the girls. They asked me her date of birth at the pharmacy and I went totally blank. Her birthday month is the same as one of our other girls, and when asked, I will often mix up the dates. People always give me a strange look. I mean, how could a mom forget the day she spent hours in horrible labor pains? They don't know that I didn't deliver the kids. They just think I am dumb. And blond. And embarrassed.


I cracked up when I saw the picture that the court clerk took of our family in court on Monday. Um...some heads are missing, as well as some bodies.
********************************************************************
Some cool things we saw on a nature walk we took this week...