Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowstorms and diapers

I had to take a break from blogging yesterday after waking up with some kind of inner ear 'thing' that caused me to be dizzy and nauseous. School was cancelled due to a snowstorm, so all the kids were home for the day. That was actually a good thing because all I could do was sit on the couch like a blob and try not to move my head.

Well...that is until Jake pooped his back AGAIN and Zoey christened her new underpants by dropping a small load in them. (Lynsay--I threw them away!) I was trying to deal with the mess without looking down, as that brought on waves of dizziness and nausea. It was special. After cleaning both of them up, I headed back to the couch to wait for their next onslaught. Zoey was fine the rest of the day, but Jake produced another fine mess a few hours later. This time, it wasn't his back...it was on the outside of the seat of his pants! Now I just cannot figure out how so much of the ick ends up outside of his diaper. I mean, what does he do, open it up and let 'er fly? How is it scientifically possible for so much of it to end up on his shirt and pants? Sigh...

The good part of the day was how my girls pitched in and took care of the little kids. Jillian even took them upstairs and played school with them. They all had art class and made Mommy 'get well soon' cards. How sweet is that? :) Chloe made sure I had a blanket all tucked in around me and they all kept asking me if I felt any better. Awwww.... Taylor shoveled us out and Ryan took all the kids to Awana at church last night. I have the best kids!

I guess I WILL forgive number one son for coming home with a tatoo last week....grrr...