Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kate's Heart Surgery Anniversary Week(s)

This time last year, Kate was in PICU at Mott's Children's Hospital recovering from open-heart surgery. She had surgery on April 13th and spent 2.5 weeks in the hospital. So many miracles took place. I re-read some of my posts from last year and am once again amazed at what God did for our sweet little girl. We are so thankful that she is doing well and that we get to be her mommy and daddy.

She went from this:




...to this in just 2.5 weeks!

If you're interested in reading about her surgery, the posts start here.

5 comments:

Cari said...

Has it been a year already?! I have enjoyed following your blog and family around the country and seeing God at work! Thanks for being a great encouragement to surrender all to Him, Karin! :)

Kimberlie said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! What a miracle time that was. I am just lovin' watching your sweet little Katie grow strong.

trustandobey said...

I remember it well. We had just gone through our unexpected surgery with our Kate weeks before. I gleaned a lot from your example and how you handled the stress of it all. I praise God for successful surgeries for 2 precious Kates.
Lisa

Kim K. said...

I'll always feel a special connection to you and sweet Katie because of Mott's. It's truly a blessing to see our girls so healthy after their surgery.

Happy Anniversary!!

Jean said...

Such a blessing! Kate is adorable! PTL that the surgery went well! I am going to go back and read your old posts- I don't think I read it when it happened?