Thursday, April 22, 2010

We Interrupt this trip for some breaking news....

Please take a moment to lift up this sweet family, whose daughter was adopted from Serbia with a life-threatening heart condition. She had surgery this week and this morning, her heart stopped for 45 minutes. She is currently on a heart/lung machine and her parents are waiting to hear if there is any hope of survival.

Update on my brother in law, Lance: So far, two of his sons are a MATCH for bone marrow!!! This is highly unusual. I would love to report the whole story but I'm sure I would get some details incorrect, so I will direct you to their blog to see the miracles that God has been up to in their lives.

Update on my dad: His PSA test came back this week showing higher levels, which means his cancer is not in remission. He will be having a CT scan this week as well as a bone scan to see if the cancer is contained to the prostate. Either way, he will be undergoing chemo soon.

6 comments:

James, Dawn and Family said...

Sending lots of huggs your way!

Kim K. said...

Ditto on the hugs and the prayers.

Merany :) said...

Oh, I've been praying for sweet Chrissie for days!!! I'm so heart-broken for that family. I know God is All Healing! Just if he decided to heal her here on Earth or by bringing her to Him in Heaven and giving her a brand new body!!! I have prayed and prayed.

Btw, I darkened my posts! They matched my old backgroud but I changed and didn't realize they were too light. :) Here at work we have limited internet and so the backgrounds don't show up. :) Thanks for following my blog. You'll learn that it's pretty boring!

Sharon said...

Great to hear good news about Lance, but I'm so sad to hear you're dad isn't doing as well as I had hoped. We will be praying for them and also for the precious little girl.

Grace said...

Dear Karin, It is fun following you guys on your blog. We have been praying for Chrissie to. I have a button up on my blog for her. So sorry to hear about your dad. My dad has to have a bone scan next week to. Will be praying for him. Give your mom a hug from us.

Jean said...

So glad that 2 of Lance's sons are a match! What a blessing!!

I'll be praying for your Dad and for Chrissie!