Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day Three - Sea World

We started out the day by heading to the horse corral at Give Kids the World. Have I mentioned how much we loved that place?! Oh yeah...I guess I did.
Twice a week, they bring horses in so that kids can have a ride. Our kids were very excited. Everyone rode--except Taylor, of course.

Giddy-up!

Each child received a cowboy hat when they completed their ride.

Jake was actually brave enough to ride this time. His last opportunity brought on a panicked refusal.


Little cowpokes...
*******
Then, on to Sea World, where the crowds were mercifully thinner than Disney.
We started the day by riding this roller coaster. I have always loved roller coasters but I knew I was in trouble seconds after the bar locked into place. The seats rolled forward so that we were horizontal. As in, my face was where my shoes should have been--just staring at the ground. Not good. I spent the next 60 seconds which seemed like an hour praying that I would not barf. The result of the blood rushing to my brain for those dreadful moments was a dull headache that lasted all day.
Why can't they just make roller coasters like they used to? You know...the ones with a HUGE drop that takes your breath away? Yeah...those are the ones I like.


Jeff and the kids headed off to the water ride that I skipped to stay with the little kids.
Here they come!

Splish, splash, I just took a bath...

Chloe regretted sitting in the front because she was soaked from head to toe


Dolphin show...they are the most beautiful creatures




We were able to feed the dolphins and had so much fun touching them and handing them fish. They feel like rubber.



Even the teenager thought this was cool
*********
We noticed that there was a kiosk where the girls could get their hair braided. How fun! We decided to go for it.
SaraGrace went first

"Oh my GOODness!"

Lookin' good, girl!

Jillian opted for less braids to maximize her budget

Chloe enjoys watching the process

The girl that did their hair was so sweet. We had fun talking to her and we were amazed at how quickly she finished their hair.

"Mom....I have to go potty really bad!"

Jeff and I were cracking up as we watched all of Jordan's facial expressions on this ride.

Waiting for the Shamu show to start

Still waiting...."when is dat Shamu gonna be here, Mom?"

Ta-Da! Here comes Shamu!

See you later!