Monday, April 05, 2010

Lance and Katie-bug update

Great news!!! Lance was able to go home on Easter Sunday!! After a week with no platelet production whatsoever, they started to rise on Friday. By Sunday, they were at a level that, although still dangerously low, the doctors decided he could go home if he promised to be careful. Thank you, Jesus!

Katie-bug mosquitos bites continued to make her feel miserable and run a fever. Her leg swelled up and was turning redder, which we knew was cellulitis . Who do you call on Easter Sunday? Argh. Jeff decided to call her cardiologist, who called back within minutes (have I mentioned how great he is?!). He said we needed to bring her to the hospital. Once there, the doctors debated for awhile on whether she needed IV antibiotics or if they could send her home with oral meds. Thankfully, they opted for the oral meds, so she is home. I hope this doesn't happen to her every time she gets a few mosquito bites. It could be a long summer...poor baby.

Other than that, we had a normal Easter. ha.
My youngest eight treasures
The girls

The guys, minus Ryan

"Picture me....I dook tho pwetty."

"I weally dike my hat."


"I smile pwetty fo you, Mama."


My sweet Chloe


Jake managed to get totally filthy as soon as we got home from church. He was quick to shed his cute little vest. However, the next time I saw him, he looked like this:


So I asked him what happened to his white shirt.

"It's in da twash."
"What? Why is it in the trash."
"It was diwty."
"So just because it was dirty you threw it in the trash."
"Yeah."

No explanation given. No clue why he threw it away. Needless to say, I made him dig it out.

16 comments:

Kim K. said...

You never disappoint with your pics. I'm sorry about Katie's poor bug bites. You and I need to start a support club for bug bites and heart children. I hope this week is stress free. Hugs!

Lori said...

Oh I'm so glad Katie is home and doing better! Bless her sweet heart.

Jake...my gracious, will that kid ever NOT make me crack up each time I see what he's up to? I love that boy.

Super great pics! Love the mom/daughters, dad/sons pics (wish Ryan was in that one)!

Angie said...

Hey...at least Jake was saving you from more laundry. Every once in a while I find a pair of "someone's" worn undies in a place they shouldn't be...boys!

trustandobey said...

So happy for Lance and his family to have Easter together and away from hospital. That's great!
Ever heard of Avon's Skin So Soft? Supposidly it thwarts bug bites as well as softens skin. Maybe it would be something for Katie to try?
Hope tomorrow goes well.
Lisa

Cari said...

Great pictures and memories for your family! Very lovely.

Poor Katie ~ hope she's feeling better already!

Jean said...

Adorable pics of your crew! They look so nice all dressed up for easter!

So glad Katie is on the mend and Lance was able to go home- PTL!

sara said...

so happy that Lance got to go home!!!

Man, poor katie. do you think she is allergic to the mosquitoes?

love the pictures!!!

羅昆珍 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................

Sharon said...

What great news about Lance! We will be praying for him.

Poor little Katie! I'm glad you were able to get ahold of the right person to help her. I know how hard it is when something serious happens on the weekend. Hope tomorrow brings a better day for Katie.

Loved the pictures!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, I am sorry about Katie's bites, but I'm glad y'all managed to have a wonderful Easter in spite of them. Loved the photos... and your little Jake is a card.

Amy said...

Oh I just adore your big beautiful family!!!!

Jodi Sue said...

Can your treasures be any cuter? :)
Just adorable!!

Holly said...

ha hahahahah ha ha ha HA!!! Seriously Karin. There IS a God...and He gave you Jake to keep you young :) and for the entertainment of all of bloggy world I'm sure!
Seriously- does he ever NOT look mischieviouos? Ever? When he's sleeping? maybe?
LOL
Love that boy! Great pictures...beautiful children! How did Ryan spend his Easter?

Holly said...

mischievous
sorry! typo!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

WONDERFUL PICS!!! And even more beautiful children!!! You and your DH look younger all the time. I keep telling The Prez having more and more children will just keep us from aging! LOL!

Seriously, you two do look YOUNG!!!

I love the lake photos too.

OK, I hope you're doing well. I guess you decided not to blog about the event you mentioned to me in the email. Can't imagine why not?!

Hugs, Leslie

Wife of the Pres. said...

OH and the dirty laundry … don't get me started. I find dirty underwear shoved under the couch, under his bed, and everywhere else in between. I also find other clothes too.

"Why did you not put this in the dirty laundry, Mo?"

"I didn't want to. It was easier to just shove it under there."

"Oh, how do you think it will get washed then?"

"I don't know."

Hmmphhh. Boys! You gotta love 'em!