Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Disney, Baby....

The big day has finally arrived! We are leaving for Florida in the morning, courtesy of Make A Wish Foundation. We have been blown away by this organization. Totally wonderful volunteers and professional attention to detail.

The kids are so excited! Our MAW volunteers came over last night to give us last-minute information. They began to go over all the details with us and one in particular made our jaws drop. We were told that a limo would be picking us up for the ride to the airport! Well that is just so cool! None of us except Jeff, have ever ridden in limo. Between the anticipation of a ride in a limo and an airplane, I didn't think the kids were ever going to fall asleep tonight.

The MAW volunteers brought SaraGrace a little crown to wear since she is all about princesses. They also brought fun games, coloring books, etc., for the kids to play with on the plane. It was bedlam as the gifts were being passed around.

I will be taking my laptop and camera so that I can try to blog while we are there. Not sure how much time I will have to post, but I'll do my best. I know there are some grandparents who are anxious to see photos.

8 comments:

roomforatleastonemore said...

OH.MY.WORD!!!!

I can't wait to follow along in bloggyland!!!

How exciting! I hope you're asleep by now, but I'm thinking you're probably going over your checklist (like I would be LOL!).

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Grace said...

How very exciting!! We will be praying for safe and fun times.

Sincerely,
Grace

Adeye said...

Oh wow!!!!! That is just incredible, my friend. Have the BEST time ever with your family---and take heaps and heaps of pics.

Huge hugs from the Ukriane.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO COOL!!! PLEASE make time to blog, we must see pictures throughout the week...and equally as important, I simply must know what Jake is up to!

trustandobey said...

Have a GREAT TIME!!!!Look out Disney World!!!
Lisa
ps-Wave as you fly over NC:)

Kristin Ferguson said...

Have a great time! I want to see pictures with you and Jeff in those bride and groom Mickey Ears!

Kristin

Kim K. said...

How cool! I couldn't think of a nicer family so deserving of all these special activities. I can't wait to see pictures. Have fun!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Sorry about the limo and van. I'm afraid I wouldn't have been as merciful as you. Like I've told you before, your wisdom is inspiring!

I LOL when I saw Lori's comment about Jake. Me too! And then the other one about "Look out Disney World!" That was funny too!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! PLEASE do find a way to get some Mickey pics on here. I am guessing part of the deal will be a personal and private time with some characters for some photo ops!

Oh and 4 bathrooms—whoot, whoot! WOW!