Tuesday, February 09, 2010

She's Already Done!

The doctor just came out...SaraGrace is all done! She did well and I should be able to see her in a few minutes.

The balloon procedure was not done--they had to put a stent in instead. Her artery was kinked and twisted, so a balloon would not have held it open. The doctor thinks this will be able to keep her artery open for a few years. The stent is a metal tube that they put in place that keeps the artery open. So amazing what they can do in the cath lab!! I am so thankful that she didn't have to have her chest opened up to get this done.

Thank you for your prayers! I can't wait to see the little peanut. I'm hoping she comes out of the anesthesia without becoming a grump.

I asked if she was going to set off the metal detectors at the airport and the doctor laughed and said no--the detectors aren't that good yet. Good to know that she won't be setting them off when we are trying to get our family through security on the way to Disney. Seriously...aren't you glad you won't be behind us? I pity the poor soul who is.