Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Disney, baby....


SaraGrace's Make-A-Wish trip to Disney has been approved! We got a very fun surprise in the mail this week...her "Wish Kit." So fun! She is beside herself and dreaming of seeing her favorite princesses at Disney. We are scheduled to go mid-April, and let's hope the South is done with their record breaking cold weather by then! We are still overwhelmed that we are getting this trip. So thankful for all who are making it possible.

I am so glad she has this trip to look forward to. Her heart catheterization is scheduled for Tue., Feb. 9th. She doesn't know yet. She freaks out so much that it is just kinder not to tell her until right before it occurs. The anticipation of any medical procedure sends her into a flurry of worry. She does know that she will be spending half a day at Children's on Monday for all the pre-op testing. That brought some tears and, "Are they going to poke me?" I honestly don't know--but I'm guessing they will probably have to poke her for something.

She organized a ballet show yesterday with the little kids and as I watched her twirling around it was hard to believe that she has anything wrong with her. She looks totally healthy. I'm so thankful that her doctor did the test and caught the problem!



She dressed all the little kids up to 'do ballet.' Then they all commanded me to 'picture' them. I was happy to oblige.

Katie-bug twirled softly and demurely


Zoey twirled with energy and exuberance


Dude! Don't be letting your big sister dress you up like this! It's serious blackmail material.


Jordan had a bit more self-respect than his little brother

22 comments:

Jill said...

You have the most precious looking kiddos!

Adeye said...

Oh my gosh---that is absolutely FABULOUS news. How wonderful. PLEASE take me with you to warmer weather :)

That boy of yours is absolutely hilarious. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!

Shannon said...

Great news on Disney. Praying for a successful procedure for Sarah and regarding the ballet.....thank you for a very good laugh!

Angie said...

I just busted out laughing as I scrolled down and saw Jake....here are all these sweet girls in their pink...and then Jake. Oh, my goodness! Congrats on your Make-A-Wish! I can't wait to hear more details! Are you staying at Give Kids the World resort?

Lori said...

Ok, first of all...it's 5:30 AM here and I'm sitting here enjoying the pics of your sweet ballerinas...then I see Jake and I am cracking up out loud. It's too early for that!

YAY!! I'm so glad you are going to Disney! What a special gift for a super special girly!!

Kim K. said...

I'll be anxious for updates on the 9th. I'll be praying for your family. Yippee for Disney!! That's fantastic.

Wonderful pictures...as always!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks Jake, I needed a smile on my face today...I will be praying for SaraGrace and I am so thrilled that you will have a chance to go to Disney as a family. What a gift for you all.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on getting your trip approved. You will be SO ready by April to get out of this cold weather.

Loved the pictures, but the one of Jake cracked me up!!! There will be a day coming he will be so sorry he posed for this one.

We will be praying for sweet SaraGrace.

Hon's Daddy said...

You all are going to have a wonderful time!!!

We just returned from a Make a Wish trip for my daughter. It is so wonderful how the make EVERYONE feel so special. The Give Kids the World Village is the BEST!!!

Here are some links to photos to get the excitement level up a bit more!

This is Give Kids the World Village:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=191536&id=724313055&l=6cc8da1f7c

This our album from Disney, Hollywood Studios, Universal, and Sea World:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189880&id=724313055&l=bb8a5792e0

HAVE FUN!!!!

trustandobey said...

OK...that was a laugh out loud moment and I had to call the girls over and share it with them. When I am on the computer and start laughing, Hunter knows that I am on "Karin's Blog". I will throw this in for the record. Kate is still in bed, but if she were up, she would be totally delighted with that picture of Jake:)
PS-Congratulations on Disney!!! You will have a blast!!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

How fun!!! Yet another opportunity to meet you as you're driving down 95South. (Oh, didn't I tell you that I'm hiding in Lisa's trunk in March to meet your family on your way to SC). tee hee

Kristin

Karin said...

Lisa makes you ride in the trunk? :)))

James, Dawn and Family said...

AWESOME!! We are going to disney May 8-15th. BTW it's so nice to see Jake dress up. We always thought our Will was the only one.

Cari said...

Oh my word, Karin! You did NOT post that...bahahaha...that picture of Jake...bahahah! Hilarious!

I have on video our oldest son in princess dress, shoes and necklace that his older sister talked him into...hehe.

I'm so happy for SaraGrace's wish trip at Disney. You all will have so much fun! I'll be praying for her upcoming surgery...she's a trooper.

Chris said...

We have a blackmail picture of my brother in a dress....Jake makes a great ballerina!
Congratulations on the Disney trip...will you get leashes? JK, but I worry about taking my 3 youngers out and one of them is 12!
Praying that MG has an event-less stay at the hospital

Gretchen said...

I can't wait to see you in April!!!! I am counting down the days!

Gretchen said...

...BTW...Jake is too CUTE!!!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Yeah, some friend huh??? Actually, since I got to meet Adeye first I figured Lisa wouldn't let me come meet you so I figured I'd come as a stow-away. Thus the trunk comment. If you want to finally see some pictures of Lisa, go to her blog or mine!!!

Kristin

Kathy said...

Oh my-I laughed so loud when i saw Jake!!! he is so cute-even in a ballet outfit:-) All your kids are just gorgeous:-)

tinacd said...

I was looking at your beautiful girls and when I got to Jake it took a moment to sink in who it was. I was wondering if you had adopted another little girl. I then proceded to snort in my bowl of beans! Too funny!

Praying for SaraGrace.

trustandobey said...

No, we don't own horses, but we have them in the neighborhood and are allowed to ride. Pretty sweet deal, eh? It really is a blessing for the girls to be so involved with equine.
Lisa
ps-Heck yea, Kristin is riding in the trunk!:)

Deanna, (aka Dj, and Deej.) said...

Jake! LOL
That's a perfect picture for the senior yearbook :)
Such cuties Karin! You are blessed!