Monday, February 08, 2010

Insert Clever Title...

Obviously, I can't think of a title for this post...

First of all, I just want to tell you that it soooo blessed my heart that at least 15 of you wrote to me asking for the address of the soldier in Ryan's platoon who wasn't getting any mail. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he hears his name at mail call. I did give Ryan a heads up--but told him not to say anything to his friend until after he starts getting mail. I suppose it won't be as exciting to get mail from a bunch of old ladies as it would be from some cute 20 year olds, but better than nothing, huh? Some of you even wanted to write to Ryan as well, and that just made my day. THANK YOU!!

SaraGrace's appointment went so well today. I should have you guys pray every time!! I was dreading what would happen when we had to go to the lab because she absolutely melted down the last time we were there. I am talking, hysteria to the point of ridiculous.

Today, she walked into the room, climbed up on my lap and pushed up her sleeve!! I couldn't believe it! She hid her face when the needle was going in, but she didn't cry. That was the only poke of the day, and she handled it well. They ran lots of tests and it took about five hours, but everything went well. The doctors assured me that they do many of these procedures and have a back-up surgical team ready if needed. They are hoping that the reason for the blood flow problem is constriction that they can fix with a balloon procedure. It should take about three hours--five if they have to do a stint instead of using balloons, but that is unlikely.

When we were leaving, SaraGrace said, 'Dis was da best day ever! I got to be with Mommy all by myself.' Too cute. She is kind of excited about staying overnight in the hospital, having a 'slumber party' with Mommy, and eating dinner in bed. Me? Well, I'm not looking forward to the slumber party, since slumbering is rather difficult in a chair, but it's only one night. And I do totally LOVE having those alone times with my kids, even if it's in the hospital.

There would have been some pictures from today, except for the fact that when I got my camera out, it had a dead battery. urgh.... Instead, I will post a photo that I took of her on Sunday as she was leaving for church. My mom had sent some Disney light-up Tinkerbell shoes. They were on sale and too big, but my Mom knew that SaraGrace would have fun with them. She didn't know that SaraGrace would want to wear them to church. Jeff was utterly mortified but I convinced him to let her wear them. She's only six. How many years of your life can you get away with wearing green glittery light-up shoes that are three sizes too big? Not many, I'm thinkin,' so go for it, sweet girl!



This close-up doesn't really show the inch between her heel and the back of the shoe, but trust me, they really ARE three sizes too big.