Saturday, February 27, 2010

Amazing News!

Marsha, the young mom we have been praying for, is BETTER!! Yes, BETTER!!! She was not expected to make it through the night but she got four solid hours of sleep last night and when she awoke, she felt better. The doctors said her heart is better--and have started talking about what they will do 'tomorrow.' Marsha's children have been able to see her today.

Please keep praying!!

*****************************************************************
WARNING: Mama Bear Emotions ahead. Delete if you don't want to hear me doing a big fat 'waaaahhhhhh' for my boy.

We got a phone call from Ryan today. We hadn't heard from him for almost two weeks and were concerned. It turns out that he has pneumonia. Wah....my poor baby was sick and I was nowhere near. He was in the base hospital for two days (or sick bay??--not sure what they call it). Ryan has never been one to complain when he is sick so he didn't tell me much. Jeff was able to drag more details out of him. (I think he doesn't want his Mama to worry) Jeff asked him how he got from having a cold to ending up with pneumonia (as in, why did you wait so long to get to a doctor?). Ryan said that he did ask but the first day he asked they told him it was too late. The next day, he went early and they told him the sick bay wasn't open. Finally, his buddies told him he was going to have to insist, so he did. By then, he had a 104 fever and pneumonia.

He stayed 48 hours in sick bay and got out just in time to join his platoon on field operations--where they go out in the field and sleep in tents, crawl through mud, etc. I saw the pics on F*cebook. I'm thinking that wasn't a good way to recover from pneumonia.

Grrrrr.... I understand that boot camp is supposed to toughen the guys up, yada, yada. However, now he has to try to pass his physical fitness test to graduate. It includes a running portion. He is supposed to take it on Monday. Yeah...how is that possible when you're short of breath due to pneumonia?

Please...if you would pray for him, I would be so grateful. He will need God's help to pass that test. Maybe they will allow him to wait a week? Although with pneumonia, a week might not be enough.

I just want to get my arms around that kid.

17 comments:

Shonni said...

I will pray for your son and for you, the mama, just doin' her job of lovin.

Kristin Ferguson said...

What great news about Marsha. I'll keep praying for that family!!

We just wrote to Ryan and I told him we'd be praying that he stays well for the rest of boot camp-should have started that prayer campaign a week or so ago. boo! Hopefully since he is young and in great shape, he'll still be able to pass his fitness test. We'll make Ryan the focus of our prayer time on Monday for sure!!!

Kristin
P.S. Congrats on your Photo Achievement Today!

sara said...

I am so happy to hear the news about Marsha!!!

I am praying for Ryan too....and you!

trustandobey said...

Oh Karin,
So sorry to hear about Ryan being sick. Sick and away from home and mom and dad is sooo not fun! The same God who brought Marsha through the night has His eyes on Ryan. He is the Great Physician!!! Amazing to hear that Marsha may recover. Praise God!!! We will be praying for Ryan's recovery. Keep us in the loop about Marsha.

James, Dawn and Family said...

GRRRRR! Poor kid, poor mama too. My heart aches for you. We will pray for him.

Charissa said...

First of all, HOORAY for the news about Marsha! Praise be to God! I am so excited to see our Lord at work! Yay!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about Ryan. I was at my babysitting job this week and my son (5) wasn't feeling so well so he stayed home with his dad (who works out of an office at home). Well, my husband called to tell me that my son was running a higher temp and throwing up. I just wanted to run out of there and take care of my baby, which I ended up doing. But I can understand how hard it must be to have your son so sick and so far away from you and to know that he can't rest the way he should to get better. I understand that heart ache you must be feeling. I will include him in my prayers for his upcoming test. Hang in there yourself, my friend.

Kathy said...

Wonderful news about Marsha-I will keep praying for her. And i'm so sorry to hear about Ryan-will pray for his quick and complete recovery! I can totally relate to that Mama feeling! My son is in Indonesia with YWAM at the moment and has come done with Dengue fever and I feel a long way away from him too

Kim K. said...

Prayers flowing from West MI for Ryan. Whew. Never a dull moment.

Sean and Lisa said...

Rejoicing in God's healing on Marsha's heart!! Go God!!

And praying for your boy and God to touch and heal him completely and that he will pass his fitness test with flying colors!

Kimberlie said...

I am praying for Ryan! I know that the God who heard our prayers for Marsha, is listening to us now on Ryan's behalf. Try not to worry. OK, that is a silly statement, you are a mother and worrying is part of the job description. LOL!

I will be watching for the praise report that he has passed his physical test!

Jean said...

Praying for Marsha and feeling so thankful!

I'm sorry about you sweet boy being sick. It is so hard when you can't be with them and nurse them back to health. Praying he is back to 100% soon.

Kim @ Up North Mommy said...

I was thinking about Marsha's kids yesterday, so your post was welcome news.

I hope Ryan has recovered enough from pneumonia that he is able to pass his physical fitness test. What a miserable experience. At least it happened while in BC and not while on deployment somewhere like Afghanistan.

Denise said...

Ohh, the same thing happened to my son a couple of years ago. He got so bad they declared him asthmatic and sent him home on a medical discharge. He was devistated! He was doing so well in boot camp too. Praying all goes well for your Ryan. As bad as I wanted my son home, I didn't want him to come home the way he did.

Gretchen said...

I am praying for Ryan to miraculously be healed.

Tesseraemum said...

Aww, We are praying here. Poor guy!

Great about your friend!!!

Acceptance with Joy said...

oh my! Sorry about Ryan!

What amazing news on Marsha. May God continue to give her healing.

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

Oh, my, that makes my heart hurt....I will pray fervently for your Ryan...and for his mama. It won't be long before you do get to wrap your arms around him.
I'm waiting for our first phone call. I sorta hope it might be this weekend, but I'm trying to just thing really, next weekend, when he's been gone 3 weeks, it might be more likely.......:(