Sunday, February 07, 2010

Ryan called, and....

...I answered it!! Woohoo, I was able to talk to my boy!! For a whole five minutes! Jeff let me have the whole call to myself. Ryan sounded tired--and not too talkative, but then I realized that someone was standing there timing the call and told him to get off after five minutes. I guess it's kind of hard to be chatty when someone is standing there listening to your every word. So I asked lots of questions that he could give short, simple answers to.

It was sooo good to talk to him. Thank you, Jesus!

In other news...SaraGrace's cyst-thingy went down and is now flat! Thank you for praying!! There is a little white spot on it, though, so I think it should still get checked out for infection. She is extremely happy to have that thing not bugging her anymore. She and I will be getting up at the stinkin' crack of dawn to go to the hospital for pre-op tomorrow. Groan. I am so not a morning person.

12 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

Yeah! I was so praying you'd get to talk to your boy this weekend!!
Also thankful for answered prayers for Sara Grace.
Praying you through tomorrow....

trustandobey said...

Yea!!!on both fronts. From one non-morning mom to another, I will be praying for your day. Hope all goes well. No glitches. And that your sweet girl has courage.
So happy that you got to hear from Ryan! I know how sweet those 5 minutes must have been. Won't be too much longer and you will have your arms wrapped around him:)
Lisa

Lori said...

I'm SOOO GLAD you got to talk to Ryan! That is super news!

And yippee about SaraGrace's cyst going down. Another answer to prayer! Love it. Sorry you have to get up early in in the morning...I hate early mornings too. :( I will be praying for you, okie dokie?

Love ya!

Kim K. said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so glad you were FINALLY able to speak to your son. I'm so relieved that Sarah Grace's mouth is better. Best wishes with pre-op tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Extra hugs this week!!!

sara said...

woo hoo!! doin' the happy dance with you!!!

and praying for you tomorrow.

Kimberlie said...

Karin,
I love it when a prayer is answered so immediately. It increases my faith that God cares about the little stuff like a mother's desire to talk to her son, and a cyst in a little girl's mouth that's bugging her. Yeah!

I will continue to keep you and SaraGrace in my prayers over the next couple of days!

Cindy said...

Oh Yippeeee!
So happy you were able to speak to your son, how special! I can only imagine what that means to you both. Prayers sent your family's way for all of you. Thinking of Sara Grace too.

Adeye said...

wooohooooo...you finally got to speak to your boy. Thank you,Jesus. That is such wonderful news. So good for your mommy heart, my friend.

Kristin Ferguson said...

Yippee! When I first saw the post title on my blog I was almost afraid to check, you cliff-hanging stinker you!!! I guess the phone was duct-taped to your body after all. :)

I'm right there with you with disliking getting up when it's dark out but I'll be doing it tomorrow as well--I'll pray for you to be rested and alert.

Kristin

Waitingfaithfully said...

YES!! So happy that you got to talk to your boy, that has been an awfully long wait for a mama!

Praying for a smooth morning tomorrow, and for courage for Sara Grace. Thank you Jesus for the cyst going down!

Blessings to you friend~

Tina

Jean said...

I am so glad you got to talk to Ryan!! Missing those phone calls is so hard...

I'll b e praying for SaraGrace today.

Shannon said...

I'm so happy about the cyst being gone. I was sick last night and couldn't sleep very well and felt so compelled to pray for her. Thank you God!