Thursday, February 11, 2010

Home and Getting Back to Normal

Normal...yeah....like that is ever going to happen at our house. But normal is boring, right?

SaraGrace is healing well. She is milking it for all it's worth, but that's okay. She is all about drama. She likes to be carried around because her leg hurts, but she is getting braver and moving around now. Boredom can be a good motivator. She is still in control, barking commands at the little kids to obey her. haha

Katie has been quite sympathetic and it's so cute to watch her hover over SaraGrace. She does want everyone to remember, though, that she also had surgery.

Kate: Whipping up her shirt to display her scar, 'Um...um...I had dat hawt tudgery, too!'
Zoey: "Me donna hab tudgery on my wittle foot."
Jake: "Me had tudgewy on my hands!"
Jordan: "I'm gonna have surgery on my ear."

Yes, if you visit, you will hear it all.

We postponed a birthday dinner out until SaraGrace is feeling better. A very sweet friend called and offered dinner, so I didn't have to cook! (Thanks, Kim!) And my sweet hubby stayed up late the night before making a homemade cheesecake--it's my favorite that he makes every year. It's actually a cherry cheese pie made with sweetened condensed milk--I love it.

He saved it and brought it out after the little kids went to bed so that I didn't have to share! Yummy!!!

He also gave me a funny musical card that the kids have absconded with, so I'm sure it will soon have a dead battery. The song was 'Can't Touch This,' and now Jake is boogieing and singing, "You can't totch dis." You just haven't lived until you see the boy perform.


I am so blessed!!