Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Fever

WARNING: Sarcasm ahead!!!

Today, I had a boatload of laundry to fold and thought I would watch TV to distract myself from the amount of time it would take to get the job done.

Obviously, I spent a LOT of time folding today!


Since the Olympics are on, I was hoping for some awesome skiing to watch.

But noooo.

I turned the TV on to see a riveting game of curling.

Curling? Seriously?

Who approved that game for the Olympics? I get too bored to watch it for more than 3 minutes. It's worse than watching paint dry. And what is the deal with the two women with the mop-looking-thingy's, looking like they are scrubbing the ice? I hope I don't offend anyone, but I've seen chess games that were more entertaining.

So I thought I would turn over to Fox News. There is usually something interesting on that channel. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but President Obama at the "Bi-Partisan Health Care Summit."

Great.

I watched it because there was nothing else to watch. It became obvious that nothing new was being said by either party, but a whole lot of grandstanding was going on.

Here's a newsflash for you senators...we ALREADY know what both sides have to say. As for you, Democrats, we aren't 'too dumb' to understand your ideas, as some of you have said we are. We understand you perfectly. We just don't agree with you. I know that comes as a huge shock to your enormous egos, but you might want to consider getting over yourselves.