Friday, January 29, 2010

I Think I Need to Throw Up

It's been awhile since I did any public speaking or interviews. In fact, I've been holed up with three year olds for so long that I kinda stutter now when I try to have a conversation with an adult.

So imagine the knot in my stomach when I was contacted by Love Without Boundaries to help them do an interview on a live radio show on Feb. 2nd.

Live.

As in, when you make a mistake and a total fool of yourself, it can't be edited. It's there for everyone to hear.

I need to throw up.

OK--it's not about me, so I accepted because I want to help bring some focus to what LWB is able to do for orphaned children who desperately need help. I can swallow my pride and try to convey the needs that they have, and how wonderful these kids are, who are waiting for someone to care.

But could you please send up a teensy prayer for me, because like I said...

...I need to throw up.

Luckily on the radio, no one can see armpit sweat.