Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good news first!

RYAN CALLED!!!

Bad news...

We missed the call. wahhhhhh. He called Jeff's cell phone this morning. Jeff had left it in our bedroom and I heard it ring. Thinking it was someone from work due to the crisis that had been going on all weekend, I looked at the number. I didn't recognize it and hesitated, thinking it was a co-worker, but then decided to answer it. Just as I was about to press the 'answer' button, it rolled into voice mail.

When I went downstairs, I casually mentioned to Jeff that his phone had rung. A few minutes later he came into the room saying, "It was Ryan."

I could have died. I had the phone in my hand and hesitated too long--and missed the call. THE CALL. You know...the CALL we've been waiting for nearly three weeks to receive. argh.

All I could imagine is my poor boy waiting in line at the pay phone, finally getting his turn and then getting our voice mail. UGH.

That was his only chance to call this week. He might get another chance next Sunday--and you can believe I won't hesitate to answer. (But I promise not to wrestle Jeff for the phone...hee.)

Ryan sounded different. Older. A little prouder. Was it my imagination?

He did mention that he received our letters--they must have all been given to him at the same time because he said he got them 'last night.' He also said he wrote to us again, so we have that to look forward to this week.

But in the meantime....ARGH!