Monday, September 20, 2010

Coming Alongside


I have been so amazed and encouraged by all the people who have written to us over the past few days to reassure us about Zoey's upcoming surgery.

Ya'll are awesome!

Most have been parents of a child who had a similar or identical procedure and who told me more of what I needed to know. Some were professionals who took care of children with prosthetics, and offered a kind, encouraging word.

God is so good to send friends alongside when we are feeling a little discouraged, don't you think?

Zoey hasn't said much about her new leg, although we have decided to go with a fun fabric laminated onto her leg rather than the fake, shiny skin look. Hopefully, we can have fun picking out what she wants.
We are also going to make a mold of her little foot so that she can always have it. Another mom sent pictures of her daughter making one and shared how much it meant to her daughter to have the momento.

God is good...His plans are good...He loves us with a perfect love.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my...that post made me teary-eyed. Zoey's smile is breathtaking and I know she's going to conquer the world, no matter what kind of leg she has! God is so good and has a mighty plan for her.

I'm so glad that so many friends with experience in what you're going through are giving you such encouragement. What a blessing from the Lord!

Kimberlie said...

I am so glad there are so many out there to encourage you! God is truly amazing in how He brings along the people we need to encourage us at just the right time.

Hugs!

PS - got my latest blanket set today. Love, love, love it. I can't wait for Christmas!!!

Angie said...

What a great idea to make a mold of her foot! She has the most vibrant smile!

Cari said...

Zoey is such a beautiful girl. God certainly cares for her and as usual has amazing ways to bring us the support and encouragement we need when going through these "uncharted territories"!

Heidi Reitz said...

The photos you posted to go with thiss post are beautiful.
I am so happy that you received encouraging words.

Kristin Ferguson said...

Zoey is a beautiful girl inside and out and I pray that her upcoming surgery would go well. I also got teary-eyed reading this post because it's so hard to see the effects on children of living in our Fallen World with all of our imperfections and health needs. Soon and very soon we are going to see the Lord-Hallelujah!

P.S. I also got my blanket sets in the mail yesterday! SO PROFESSIONAL looking! Please tell the girls they did a wonderful job!!!

James, Dawn and Family said...

Zoey has the most beautiful smile. Praise GOD she is just where she suppossed to be!

Gwen said...

Hi, my name is Gwen and we were travel buddies with James and Dawn when we adopted our Sarah (and their Lize!) almost two years ago.
I just wanted to tell you of a family who adopted a little girl who has a prosthetic leg.
If you click on newdayfosterhome.blogspot.com, you will see some family blogs listed on the right side. Click on "Sophie's family." Maybe you've already "met" this sweet family, but I thought I'd mention it. :)
Best wishes to your beautiful family!