Sunday, May 02, 2010

New House Pics

You guys crack me up! OK, OK...here are some pictures of the new house. :) Oh, and to answer a few other questions:

  • No, it's not as big as our house in MI (wah...I am really missing my sunroom...sniff, sniff)
  • The big project is finishing off the third floor which is currently a walk-up attic (meaning that there is a regular stairway going up there). The four oldest girls will be in two bedrooms up there.
  • There is also a walk-out basement with three large windows and a sliding glass door, so Taylor will get a bedroom down there and there is room for a playroom/sitting area/craft area type of room. I believe they are called multi-purpose rooms now. ha.
  • Yes, our house in MI is SOLD. God is amazing. My brother and his wife were looking for a house in our area and things worked out for them to buy our house.

Pictures:

This was obviously taken a few months ago--thankfully we don't have snow on the ground right now! The only thing unfinished in this pic is the front porch railing.


Taken today in our kitchen. I really love how sunny the kitchen and family room are.


Photo taken from the far end of the family room

family room

Dining room

And here is the special project...
It will need a bigger window and this side will be Jillian and Molly's

This will be Chloe and SaraGrace's side. You cannot see the gabled part of the roof that will provide a loft area for their beds (hopefully!).

This cool little spot under the eaves seemed like the perfect place for a playhouse, albeit a small one. Jeff, being the good sport he is, has agreed to frame it and sheetrock it. I have to paint it to look like a little house--ack! Hope I don't ruin it!




16 comments:

Kimberlie said...

Wow! Beautiful!! I am so glad you are getting a place where you can truly make it your own and do cool things like make a playhouse under the eaves.

Yeah for your MI house selling and that it's staying "in the family."

Angie said...

Beautiful house, and so glad that your MI house sold. That is a God thing, no doubt, 'cause NOTHING is selling in MI! And I think we have your microwave. Jamie just installed a new one...an LG...and it looks just like yours!

Ally said...

Very Nice! It looks like everyone is settling right in. I so don't envy you with the whole unpacking things. It makes me cringe thinking of it. lol Thanks for sharing your new home:)

Tesseraemum said...

Love it!! Our new house is gray too! Not nearly as big though!! Ha! Love the attic. I would have a hard time not keeping it for a grown up getaway!! Sheri

Kim @ Up North Mommy said...

I can't believe how much the layout of your new kitchen/living room looks so much like the layout the kitchen/living room in your old house. The only real difference is that the kitchen is reversed.

Sharon said...

Wow!!! Really nice place!!! Parts of it remind me of your house in Tecumseh...light cupboards and floor, dark counter, and kitchen flowing into the family room. I am SOOO excited for you!!! It will be SO much fun making it your own!

Tori said...

Gorgeous Karin!! Will be praying for a smooth and quick finishing of projects!

Meredith said...

Love the house!!! I didn't know that Steve and Kim bought your house?! That's great!!!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Beautiful house with lots of fun rooms for family time and kid forts. I'll be praying for you as you move in with 9 kids underfoot--must be quite a challenge! :)

Kristin

Lyn said...

I love it!! It is so beautiful. I especially love seeing the kids all over the kitchen!So cute!
Love,
Lyn

trustandobey said...

Looks to me like you have plenty of room for guests:) When should we pencil in a visit????
Lisa
ps-love the house!

Lori said...

Oooooo, I love it!! Beautiful!! And the girls' room is going to be amazing!

Kim K. said...

It's going to be so much fun to see how you put everything together. Boy, I wish you lived closer. Do you know how much I'd LOVE to help you decorate the little playhouse under the eaves? Yippee for selling the MI house. Best wishes with all the packing and unpacking.

Adeye said...

How blessed you are, my friend. Such a stunning place to call home. LOVE IT!

James, Dawn and Family said...

Congrats. It's beautiful. The attic is way too cool.

Gretchen said...

Karin,

It is so beautiful! I love the traditional look of the outside. You don't get those down here. Everything is stucco.

Enjoy your beautiful new home!