Friday, July 24, 2009

We made it safely!!

Thank you so much for your prayers! We arrived last night about 9PM. The house we are renting is AMAZING. God is so good. Despite the beautiful house, some of us girls are really missing OUR house. And our family and friends. Sniff, sniff.

We found out that the truck with our stuff will not be arriving until Monday. This was not very good news except for the fact that I won't have to cook until Tue. Woohoo! I was hoping we could do some site-seeing in the meantime but it's still raining here. Maybe tomorrow will be nicer weather.

The kids are hyper beyond belief and Jeff and I are trying to be patient (or at least not let our heads spin around 360 degrees). Living in a house with no furniture, wastebaskets, blankets, etc. is proving to be a bit challenging, but I'm heading to Target later and some kind people from Jeff's work are bringing a few supplies later.

The kids were very good on the trip yesterday and that enabled us to make it here in 13 hours with only a few stops. We did lots of singing in the girl car. My kids like to make signs and put them up in the window so that we can interact with other drivers. Jillian made one that said, 'Honk if you like pie." I had to slow down when passing drivers to make them look at us. The girls got all thrilled when anyone honked. SaraGrace was on the other side of the car and wanted a sign, so Jillian made one for her. However, no one ever looked her way. After a bit, she crossed her arms and huffed, 'I want some customers!' We all cracked up. :)

Sorry no pictures....I am using Jeff's computer because mine is temporarily unable to connect to the Internet.

Thank you again, for praying!!

10 comments:

Lynsay said...

So glad you made it! So glad your house is great, and hey, at least with no furniture the kids can run off their energy before it gets there, thus having less stuff that they can possibly destroy! :) Wish Boston was a little closer to either China or the west coast....sob! :( BTW, Karen didn't tell me about any groups who may be able to help with surgeries financially, what do you know? I know God has it under control....but I have not had ONE SINGLE person ask about helping with the babies surgeries...yikes!

Lori said...

I'm so thankful you made it safe and sound! Well, safe anyway. :)

Love the story about the signs. That is too cute!

The next few days should prove to provide enough blog material to last you a very long time! I can't wait!

Kim K. said...

I'm glad you are there safe and sound. What a creative way to keep them entertained in the car. I can't wait for the next installment and pictures.

Holly said...

you are such a COOL MOM!
When we moved on post as new military family...we had nothing for almost 3 weeks.
The kids had the most fun doing gymnastics and bouncing balls in the empty house.
I bought a disposable aluminum pan and used it for everything.
It's amazing how little we really NEED.
Of course I only had TWO children at the time...but think of it as an adventure!
BIG hugs,
Holly

Gretchen said...

Glad you made it here safely. Still wish I had been in the GIRL car with you!

Love ya!

Gretchen said...

See, I said here, meant there. Can I transport you here with my mind! (smile)

trustandobey said...

Yeah! You made it!Glad the house is grand..how fun!
Lisa
ps. Beep Beep, we love pie! Made my husband a fresh blueberry pie just tonight as a matter of fact.Once the kids discovered it,however, he was lucky to get a slice.

Adeye said...

Yay, I am so glad you made it safely--PTL. How wonderful that you love your new home. Always a bonus :)

Thank you for your sweet encouragement. I really needed it. Things have been so emotional--but God is a good God!

Cari Bacon said...

YEAH!!! So glad to hear from you and that everyone survived the trip!! Looking forward to seeing pics of the new area as your family goes sightseeing. Hope the rain stops soon...there and here.

Wife of the Pres. said...

YEAH!!! I'm remembering that sign idea. My boys would love it. Of course, I have no idea what they might come up with! Maybe not. :))