Thursday, July 23, 2009

Trot, Trot to Boston

I am using my mom's computer...just a quick update before we pull out. Jeff told me that we need to leave at 7AM. I burst out laughing and then realized he was serious. Yikes!

The truck is loaded, but of course is there is drama--but I don't have time to type out the story (since it's 6:30AM and I'm sitting here in my jammies and need to be in the car, with the kids in 30 min.) Can she do it? Hmmm....we'll see.

If you would be so kind, can you please pray for safety on the roads? Ryan's pick-up has 'issues' and I am concerned. Jeff, Ryan and I all have a vehicle to drive, so no one will get a rest. I tend to get sleepy after driving for awhile. It's raining pretty hard at the moment, which adds to the fun.

Speaking of fun (NOT) we accidently let the movers pack the kids' DVD player for the car.

9 comments:

Kim K. said...

Prayers coming your way. I'll be anxious for moving updates!! Drat about the DVD player.

Lori said...

I'll be praying...especially for you having to entertain the children since they don't have their beloved DVD player!! You can tell them about the good old days when Mom was little and we just listened to the radio...or read a book...or fought with each other while roaming freely around the vehicle, not having the restraint of a seat belt. Wow, I miss all that, don't you?!

Holly said...

Praying for your travels, for content kids, healthy kids, creative kids and safety on the road....

Kim @ Up North Mommy said...

Oooh boy. Sending up prayers for safe travels right now. As for the kids without their DVD player, do lots of singing!

James, Dawn and Family said...

Sending prayers of safety your way!!!

Cami said...

Hey Mrs. Karin! Just wondering if you got my comment from the other day. I know you are very busy and I have no idea how you can update your blog so much on top of that! I was just wondering, also, if you could follow my blog. I only have 3 followers, me, my mom, and my dad. I just wanted to get a few more. If you could follow mine that would be great! Thanks!

Cindy said...

Praying for safety and a smooth, FUN trip to your new home! Can't wait to hear more about it later, maybe you can sing to the kiddos instead of the DVD?

Wife of the Pres. said...

Prayers! Hope all is going smoothly and somewhat quiet?! LOL!

Heather said...

Praying for your safety, weather, your sanity (!!!), etc. Wishing you good travels & cooperation from the kids!