Friday, June 18, 2010

All The Chicks are in the Nest

In just a little while, our Ryan will be here (but the little kids didn't know. We kept it a surprise for them.)

How much longer until the big surprise?

"Why are we here? I have no clue but I'm having fun!"

Obviously, the little kids can't read our signs

Waiting...

The doors just opened again...does anyone see him?

I love my Daddy

Waiting for her Ryan

Details...

Still waiting...

Wishing the doors would open again

Bedlam ensues after Jeff receives a text that Ryan's plane is on the ground

Our first glimpse

Bending down to hug Katie-bug

Group photo with lots of happy faces

Special buddies

Not sure who is happiest...parents or son

Heading home...

Holding hands with her hero

These boots were waiting by the door when I came downstairs this morning

And this coat was draped over the chair.

Sorry for the blurry photos. There wasn't a lot of light in the airport and I thought I had the settings correct, because the photos looked fine in the camera. Urgh....

Although it is hard to have Ryan in the Army and away from home, the bear hug he gave me at the airport is something I will not ever forget. He held me tight and didn't let go for a long time. Ahhhhh....it was the best!

The first thing he wanted to do was DRIVE. During basic tr*ining, he wasn't allowed to drive, so it's been six months since he was behind the wheel.

Yesterday was Molly's birthday and she has told me more than once that it was 'the best birthday ever!" Ryan took her to Bu*ld-A-Bear today to pick out a birthday present. She had so much fun spending the afternoon with him.

13 comments:

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

What a beautiful homecoming for a special son of an amazing family! So glad all your chicks are in the nest. So grateful for the sacrificial service of men and women like Ryan.

God Bless,
Kathie

trustandobey said...

Karin,
I am just teary over this post! So glad you have some time with Ryan before he travels oversees. Your nest will be full for the week, how wonderful!
Lisa
ps-Tell Ryan that we sure do appreciate him and his service.

Sean and Lisa said...

Tears...lots of tears as I see these pictures. Excitement for each of you as you get to marinate in Ryan's love for a bit. Praying for precious treasured memories and lots and lots of laughter!!
Much love!
Lisa
Oh and please, please give our thanks to Ryan for serving his country!

Lyn said...

Ok, now you have made me cry! I am so proud of your son. I can't even imagine what you must feel! I am ready to get all my chicks in the nest! We are getting there.
Love to you,
Lyn

Tori said...

Hard to type through teary eyes...
So glad he is home and that you got the bear hug of your life! :)
What a great birthday for Molly and Father's Day for Jeff!!
Enjoy having everyone together again and thank you for being willing to let him go for people like me!

Lori said...

Oh my heart! I'm so happy that you are getting this time with Ryan. I'm praying that every moment is filled with joy and laughter!!

Shonni said...

The pictures really do tell the story!!! Just awesome.

Kathleen said...

A blessing from above...Enjoy each precious moment and make sure to give that boy some home cooking:) I love the photos:)

tinacd said...

Welcome home Ryan!
Congratulations and God bless you!

sara said...

oh, Karin, these pictures are priceless!!! I can not tell who is happier!!!!

enjoy your time with your son and get more of those bear hugs!!!

James, Dawn and Family said...

HOOORAY!!! I'm all weepy! Bring a box of klenex if you see toy story. The whole thing reminds me of Ryan.

quilt-n-mama said...

What a beautiful family reunion! Praying you are having an amazing week together!
Blessings,
gayly

怡婷 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.............................................................