Monday, December 14, 2009

Slip Sliding Away

One day last week, the kids wanted to go out and play in the snow. Unfortunately, it was melting rather quickly in the warm sunshine. Anxious to use their sleds, they were bummed to see that the only place in yard that did NOT have snow, was the hill.

I let them go out--never dreaming that they would still be entertaining the idea of sliding down the hill. On the dirt. With their newly washed, cute little snowpants on. You know...'cause they would be thinking that they wouldn't want to make their poor mother re-wash eight pairs of snowpants.

"Jordan, it would be really helpful if you would give me a push instead of messing around with your sled."

"Wheeeeee! I knew it would work!"

"See? No problem! Mom, why do you look so annoyed?"

"I'm not widing down dat scawy hiwl. I jus tand hewe looking adowable."

"I wanna turn! I wanna turn! Let me do it!"

"Uh oh...this is kinda scary..."

"Ohhhh...that WAS fun! Can I do it again?!"

"I really have no idea why Mom is getting cranky about the mud on our boots and snow pants."

"OK, little kids, let me teach you the finer points of building a snowman."

"So. We are supposed to roll this snow into a ball? I don't get the point of this."

"Here's my snowball...is it big enough?"

"What did you say we are supposed to do with this?"

"I'm losing interest in this project. I think I'll just eat mine."

"Me, too."

"I had no decent help on this, but may I present to you....Mr. Snowman! Ta-da!"